The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Releasing full game (not moleboxed) for posterity

Go down

Releasing full game (not moleboxed) for posterity Empty Releasing full game (not moleboxed) for posterity

Post by ipsilonv August 24th 2014, 12:54 pm

Hello, my request is that the game be released as a normal mod, and not in the current moleboxed way. I used to frequent these forums ages ago, so I know that the original devs got fed up by people taking their code/sprites. I also know that this request has been asked before with the context of modifying the game...but my reason is different. I am trying to play this game again for nostalgia's sake and to see the new work that has been done on II, but I run linux. I can make LF2 2.0a work under wine...but this moleboxed mod borks immediately with nondescriptive errors.

I doubt the community is what it used to be (with a million naruto mods), so I don't think the issue of stealing would be quite as problematic. Even then, I think moleboxing is a pretty nasty fix for several reasons (philosophical and practical).

Of course this is a long shot, and I understand if it is answered with a mere "no"...but it's worth asking. Alas, this is the problem with closed-source...a few years go by, shit breaks, and things that could easily be fixed by a random nobody never gets a chance. e.g., NTSD 2.4 with sprites problem. Stuff ends up forgotten in the oblivion of broken software.

Thanks regardless.
ipsilonv
ipsilonv

Health Health : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down