The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daybreak, Chapter 1

+4
Satamino
Remilia Scarlet
Crimson
Divisor XII
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Daybreak, Chapter 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Daybreak, Chapter 1

Post by Divisor XII January 5th 2013, 7:25 pm

Crimson turned to the captured guard again.
"You! How often were you ordered to check in?"
"Well...uh...we weren't given any such orders. We were told the base will contact us, unless we stumble upon something worth mentioning."
"And when did you last make contact with your HQ?"
"Around noon today, when we made camp here."
"Ok." Crimson got enough info. If they call, we say everything's fine. We only need to take care of the guard and then the radio. The L.T. looked at lars and nodded. Lars pickef up his rifle and smashed its hilt against the guard's head.
"It will take time for him to wake up from this. We need to disable every mean of communication, so they won't be able to call for reinforcements. Let's go!"
The two left the stables and slowly sneaked inside the barn. The sun was already rising from the mountains in the east. The enemy soldiers were still fast asleep. Crimson signaled lars to look upstairs, while he was checking the ground floor. A few minutes later, lars climbed down the ladder, showing Crimson a portable radio device, exactly the kind their army was using too.
"Check it it's working" Crimson whispered. "We mustn't leave without a usable device."
Lars pressed the big red button and the radio started making noises. Too loud noises, unfortunately.
"Shit shit shit! Turn it off!!" Crimson hastily started pushing the red button, but it was too late. One of the soldiers started moving.
"What the hell is making that-" he started complaning, when he saw Crimson and lars, standing by the entrance, paralyzed.
"Shit!" he exclaimed and reached for his gun.
"RUUUUN!!" Crimson shouted and pulled lars out of the barn. As they were running, they heard loud shouts from the barn.
"Look!! There!!" lars started pointing at a military jeep right behind the fence. Crimson looked back. Soldiers were running out of the barn and readying their guns.
As they reached the jeep, first bullets hit the fence next to them.
"Inside! Now!"
Crimson and lars climbed the jeep. Luckily, keys were left in the ignition.
"Go go go go!!" Crimson shouted and lars stepped on the gas. The shots were already crashing in the back of the jeep, but they managed to drive away before taking too much damage.
"WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!" lars shouted, as they were cruising through the grassland. "That showed them!!"
"We're not out of the woods yet,« Crimson told him "I bet that the soldiers have more vehicles than this one. And we still need to warn the 4th Divison."
"Ok. Then you should try to make this thing work, while I keep driving... …emm, where should I be driving again?"
"Just keep going west. The 4th Divison base should be across the river." Crimson then focused on the device. He pressed the big red button again, and the radio started making screeching noises.
"Ok, I have good and bad news" Crimson informed lars after inspecting the device "The radio is working, but the battery is very low. I don't think it will be enough for more than one call."
"So? Let's call the 4th and tell them we are coming."
"It's not so simple. If the enemy calls and we don't pick up, they will know something's up. The area north of here is already under the enemy control, so they'll send reinforcements our way and the 4th Divison's way. Combining with the wave that's coming from the east, we won't stand a chance. If we call them, then maybe we can trick them into sending these reinforcements some other way, or to not send them at all. But then we won't be able to warn the 4th, and if they aren't where we think they are, it could mean bad news.«
»Oh.« lars tried to think. »What if we find a village somewhere nearby? They could have a charger or batteries…«
»They might, but we'd need to keep the radio turned off until then. And if the enemy HQ calls in the meantime, it could be too late even if we manage to charge the radio. It's risky.«

What will the players do?
A) Call the enemy base and make them send reinforcements the other way.
B) Call the enemy base and hold the reinforcements.
C) Call the 4th Divison to learn of their location and warn them.
D) Check the map for a nearby settlement and try to find batteries there.
E) Other:______________________________________________

Kyo and Axer exited the chopper. A platoon of fellow soldiers was standing by to greet them.
»General.« their captain said. »Commander. We have prepared rooms for you. Please join us in the conference room after you are done settling in.«
»It will be quick. We'll only be here for a little while.« Kyo looked at the platoon. »At ease, soldiers.«
The men saluted and then followed Kyo, Axer and the captain off the helipad.
»So,« the captain inquired »What brings you to Belmont?«
»Unpleasant business, I'm afraid. Have you ever heard of Satamino's band?«
»Of course. They were staying here a week ago and then left south. What is your business with them?«
»They're on our payroll.«
The captain stopped walking.
»What? Why wasn't I informed of this?«
»Easy, captain.« Kyo walked past him. »It's classified information. Or was, at least.«
»And why in the world would our army employ those…scoundrel?«
»To do what you apparently cannot. The land south of the forest is still under insurgents' control.«
»It's not so simple, sir. We have been-«
»I don't care what have you been doing, I care about what you haven't. And you haven't been sending any troops to retake the regions in question. So we've been forced to resort to drastic measures.«
»Sir, CIF has been amassing an army across the river. We couldn't risk moving our men southward when there is an offensive preparing at our doorstep. Moreover, rebels in the south are almost wiped out.«
»Almost. It's true the CIF groups in the plains were defeated, but that was only a few days ago. There were more, however, in the villages and grassland just below the forest. We couldn't let them estabilish a foothold there, else they could hinder the reinforcements from the east.«
»I see. And what is now of Satamino and his company?«
»They are making more damage than not. Axer and I have come here personally to…let them go. Enough with the questions now. I'll explain more in the meeting. You're dismissed.«
The captain saluted Axer and Kyo and left them to their business.
»Is it true what he said, about the threat from the west?« Axer asked. »If we lose Belmont, we lose the entire province.«
»We have other concerns.« Kyo concluded. »As far as Belmont is concerned, we have enough men here. And don't forget the reinforcements from the mountains. They should be here in time if the rebels try anything bold.« He looked at Axer, noticing doubt in his eyes.
»Look, you may not believe it, but I fear Satamino more than any number of CIF soldiers. My father always said that the most formidable enemy is hiding between your allies.«
»But come on, sir…they are just a small band of greedy bastards. How much harm can they actually do, aside burning some houses?«
»Do not underestimate them, Axer. These mercs are tricky ones. If CIF gives them a better offer, they will destroy us from the inside without thinking twice. They can move through the forest like snakes, lurking and waiting to catch their prey off guard. And when they strike, they strike swift and hard. This is not an enemy you can see, predict, plan against. No, we can't afford to have them in our territorry any more. Who knows what might happen.«
»But how is cutting them off any better? If we let them go, they will turn to CIF without question.«
»Don't worry, I have a plan. I'll explain later, we have a meeting to attend.«

Half an hour later, the two walked inside the war room in the command center. Everyone was already there , including the captain that greeted them earlier and the mayor of Belmont.
»General ACE KyoUno, chief commanding officer of the Western provinces. And with him, Commander Axer.« The captain introduced them.
»You're all probably wondering why we're here. More on that later. First, I'd like to hear the latest updates.«
»CIF has captured Quadrant 6 and is moving towards us. They will reach the river in two days.«
»Reinforcements?«
»They have just passed the Eastern gap. Their ETA is four days.«
»Will the city hold until they arrive if we are attacked?«
»Most definitely. Even without using the city defenses, our garrison can match them in open field.«
»What about our soldiers in the south?«
»Still cleaning up what's left of the insurgents. They were told to join the reinforcements when they move past them.«
»How many are left?«
»Not much. The rebels put up quite a fight.«
»Right.« Kyo looked around the room. The faces they are making. Everybody is asking themselves why I'm here and not up in the Battle Plains. Idiots. I wouldn't even need to be here if they had done their jobs.
»Now, I bet you're wondering why exactly I have come here.« he finally spoke. The room was silent, every eye was focused on Kyo.
»I am here, because you are clearly one of the most incompetent military personel I have ever served with in my life.« The sudden critic surprised everyone. The attendees started murmuring, insulted.
»Are you trying to prove me wrong? Let's look at the facts, shall we gentlemen?«
Kyo started walking up and down the room.
»It all started when the 5th CIF Division came from southwest in the Belmont province. Instead of engaging them as soon as possible, you waited politely for them to spread across the whole Quadrant seven, while you hid in here and did God knows what. Then, it occured to you that it might be good if you-«
»Sir! Sir!« a soldier rushed into the room.
»What?« The captain stood up, angered »We're in a meeting.«
The soldier whispered something into the captain's ear. The latter's face became pale.
»What is it?« Kyo asked.
»Ummm…« the captain was clearly uneasy.
»WHAT IS IT? Speak, goddamn it!«
»Well, it's about Stunkata.«
Stunkata? Why is this name so familliar?
»Who is this Stunkata and what about him?«
»He's a landowner, owns several acres west of Belmont.«
That's right, Kyo remebered. That Stunkata. The richest landlord in the Belmont province.
»And?«
»Well…« the captain scratched his head and looked at the other people in the room, hesitating to give Kyo an answer.
»So help me, if you do not give me a direct answer in five seconds, I'm demoting you to a toilet cleaner.«
»Ok, ok…we just received word that Stunkata found out about the CIF legions across the river.«
»Found out? Didn't you, I don't know, tell him about it?«
»Not exactly…and the reason is, well…the fact is, Stunkata is a…opportunistic man.«
»Are you trying to tell me he's pro-CIF?«
»Not quite. He made it clear though, that if CIF attacks and we do not protect his property, he will side with them if they intend to do so.«
»And?«
»Well, now that he found out of a very possible rebel assault, he's…well…angry.«
»You don't say? You keep quiet about a matter as such and you expect him to what? Sing you praises?«
»Well…uh…«
Kyo sighed. After the thing with Satamino is done, the headquarters here need some serious cleaning up.
»Ok, if Stunkata chooses to side with CIF, what will happen? I mean, how much influence does this man have?«
»Well, he does own most of the land west of Belmont…all villages, farms and whatnot will go with him if he chooses to cross over.«
»So, you are telling me that if CIF chooses to lay siege to this city, they will have the backing of every tenant of Stunkata's?«
»Pretty much.«
»God. Damn. It. Goddamn you all. Why wasn't he informed of this before? Hell, why wasn't I informed that he could be a potential problem?«
»We didn't tell him because we couldn't protect his lands and therefore did not want to hasten his decision to switch sides. And we didn't tell you because we didn't think this would be a problem at all.«
»You do know that under the insurgency act The Republic is allowed to seize any property belonging to those that oppose the government? Not mentioning you could have apprehended Stunkata if there is grounds to assume he is working with insurgents?«
»Yes.« the mayor spoke up. »However, Stunkata's hired guns would pose a problem for us if we tried to arrest him…and we can't afford to lose any men, when there is war on our doorstep.«
»Wait…Stunkata has mercenaries? How many?«
»Enough to cause problems.«
»Shit. Excuse me for a moment.« Kyo stepped outside the room, with Axer behind him.
»This Stunkata can pose a major problem if he sides with CIF. Take care of him. Do whatever you have to. I'll go and deal with Satamino. When I come back, I want this problem gone. Understood?«
»Yes, sir.«
»Fine. Now go.« Kyo headed back in the room.

What will Axer do?
A) Go talk to Stunkata
B) Assassinate Stunkata
C) Convince Stunkata's mercenaries to leave his employment
D) Other:

East. If I get across the mountains, I'm safe. Wiza gathered his things and headed towards the mountains. Satamino and the guys are probably moving northwest, he speculated. The CIF raiders could be around too. I need to be careful not to get spotted.
As he was walking through the woods, he couldn't help but to reflect on some of his past actions. He joined the mercs for money, like the others…but he soon found out there is more to life than just gold. I always wanted to travel…heh, now I'm forced to. Funny how things turned right after all. He was with Satamino ever since the war began. At first, they were doing small jobs for The Republic, mostly wet work. It was only a few weeks ago they got a more serious assignment: cleanse the area south of the forest of the rebel soldiers and their allies. Since they left Belmont, a day has not gone by without fighting. The woods and the grassland below it was full of CIF troops, gathering to move north in order to assault Belmont. The mercenaries put their plans to a hiatus. One by one, insurgent camps and villages were raided, always by the same modus operandi: scout the location and learn of enemy numbers and weaknesses, attack with the element of surprise, kill everybody, loot everything that could be looted, move on. I guess I'm not cut out for that life.
After walking for some time, Wiza encountered water. Southfork River. It originated from the Sentry Hills in the northeast, under the name Northfork. Then it split into two branches: Westfork, which flew between the forest and Belmont, and Southfork, which ran through the forest and countinued south. Southfork was merged with another stream, Eastfork. I need to follow Eastfork, then over the Green Pass across the range. And then… The revolution has only spreaded over the western part of The Republic. The provinces by the western sea were already »freed« as CIF called it, meanwhile most of the fighting was going on in the Valeburg province and on the Battle Plains in the northwest. Regions across the mountains were relatively peaceful…for now.
Noises nearby interrupted Wiza's thoughts. He quickly jumped in the bushes in front. He heard a voice, then two, then more. A minute later, people appeared on the other river bank. CIF. Wiza recoginzed them by their uniforms. What are they doing so far east? He counted six of them, but then more appeared from the other direction. The soldiers were close enough for Wiza to hear their conversation.
»Report.« one of them commanded.
»All clear up the river.« one of the other men said.
»We make camp here.« their leader decided. »And continue west at sunrise.«
»Shouldn't we join with the others as soon as possible?«
Others…he is probably referring to the raiders that were closing in on our camp before.
»As soon as possible. I strongly advise against wandering around in these woods at night. Besides, they are going to wait for us at the location we agreed upon.«
»And why again did we move down from the hills into enemy teritorry?«
»Orders are orders. Now stop bugging me, I'm tired.«
Hills? What the hell are CIF doing in the Sentry Hills? How did they manage to get so deep in Republic teritorry unnoticed? And then it hit him. An assault on Belmont. Belmont had formidable natural defenses: the city was surrounded by rivers on western and southern side and Sentry Hills on the east. But if CIF have bases in the hillside, it doesn't mean squat. Combined with a large rebel force in quadrants six and two, the reinforcements coming from the east won't get there in time. I could warn them, Wiza was thinking, I could go back and alarm the army of CIF presence in the woods and hills. Then I could get a pardon and live without having to hide. Or I ignore them and move on east. Or try to eliminate this platoon, loot everything I can and then decide.

What will Wiza do?
A) Head back towards Belmont to warn the Republican army
B) Move past the platoon and continue east
C) Kill the soldiers

Where the hell is Hayes? Satamino noticed one of his men was missing. He rushed downhill, only to find the merc's body on the ground, knocked out. »Damn!« Satamino cursed loudly while looking around. Wiza is far gone by now. The noises below were getting louder and louder. We can't fight the CIF here, Satamino knew. The area is too open, even for a forest. We need to retreat north and plan an ambush. He looked at Hayes again. We can't carry him, he would only slow us down. I can't leave him here also, CIF would interrogate him for information. There is only one thing I can do. Satamino took out his knife and stabbed the merc in the neck. He then proceeded to pull the body into the bushes nearby and covering the spilled blood with ground. Hopefully, noone will notice him.
His group was already gone when he came back to his former camp. They knew exactly what to do. It was the same drill everytime they encountered a traveling party like this. The whole group backed off, except for one. This one individual stayed behind, spying on the target and learned of their plans. Then he communicated this informaton to his group, which then devised a strategy to ambush and eliminate the target. Now it was his turn to be the scout.
Ten CIF soldier appeared from the woods, none of them noticing Satamino, well hidden in the nearby bushes.
»Look.« One of them knelt and pointed at the ground. »A fireplace was here. We're looking at a campsite, used not too long ago.«
»Must be the mercenary group that is ravaging the land south of the woods.«
»Could be. I really hope we come across them. I'd love nothing more to end those bastards.«
»Don't get too excited.« the third one commented »I heard they are quite brutal.«
Brutal. I'll take it. Satamino smiled.
»Brutal or not, I don't care. Because of them, the Republicans have almost wiped out our forces in the south. They will pay for what they have done.«
»They will,« another raider said »but first things first. And Belmont comes first.«
Belmont? What are they blabbering about?
»I still think this was a mistake. We left our comrades in the south to die.«
»It had to be done. Someone had to stay and distract the troops there. If the Republicans got wind of our plan, it would be all for nothing.«
»I still don't get it. Belmont is heavily fortified. Even with the element of surprise, we still don't have the numbers to take it.«
The scout leader sighed, picked up a stick and started drawing in the ground.
»This square here is Belmont, right? We meet up with a platoon coming from the east and make our way to the Westfork. Then we wait. 4th Divison will attack from the west, drawing the everything Belmont has garrisoned out in the field. After that, we and the battalions from the hills will enter the city and capture it. When the Republican reinforcements arrive from the Eastern gap, the we will have a strong base from which we can repel their assault. Finally, we will secure the gap and CIF will control every region west of the White mountains.«
»What about the Battle Plains and the northern provinces?«
»They are not our concern. As far as I've heard, our armies have made substantial progress on the Battle Plains, so the northwest is expected to fall in the near future. That will show the Republic we are a force to be reckoned with, maybe even force them to sign an armistice. But it all comes down to this. We must succeed here. Getting troops under the Republic's nose in the hills took ages, and if we screw this up, we might not have another golden chance to capture this province without a massacre.«
No kidding. Satamino was impressed. They actually thought of a way to outsmart the Republic. If they succeed, the tables will be turned. He suddenly wasn't so sure ambushing the battalion is the smartest choice. He was a mercenary, after all. We have no allegiances. We do not fight under banners, but under promises of gold and goods. If these rebels pull their bold plan off, wouldn't it be wiser to join them? As they were talking now, they hold no love for us, but still…as they said, we are brutally efficent. They could sure use our help. And if they pay more than the Republic, why not?

What will Satamino do?
A) Procced with the plan and ambush the CIF soldiers
B) Negotiate with CIF in order to assist with their plan
C) Return to Belmont and warn the Republic

Last edited by Divisor XII on January 6th 2013, 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Health Health : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme January 5th 2013, 8:36 pm

-Uno, sir. I believe that, in this situation, the best we can do is to abduct Stunkata. Anything more radical might cause us problems, and, on the other hand, trying to fulfill his request would weaken our main force significantly - and we need those soldiers here.
Axer paused for a while, calculating.
-I will require a small platoon. This should allow us to travel safely. Also, I need a team that knows, how to handle some shady work... well, amongst common soldiers you can always find some decent thieves, that's no secret. If you don't oppose, I'll go question some of the minor thieflings, the guys we found out about... they should give me some names of potential team members, assuming the price will be right. Do I have a permission for that?
Uno simply nodded. It wasn't the first time his subordinate offered to pull off something others would consider "crazy" - and he have never failed before. Kidnapping the most influential landlord in the area right under CIF's nose? Should be a cakewalk compared to some of the past actions.
-Thank you, sir. If you excuse, I'll be on my way - I'd like to move out early tomorrow, and I still need to find my burglars.
He headed off in the direction of the prison.

D) Other: Kidnap Stunkata.

Last edited by Axer on January 6th 2013, 3:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Ksarme
Ksarme

Health Health : 94
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII January 6th 2013, 2:07 am

Daybreak scrolls II: The rise of the Republic and the Rebellion

The war only lasted for five years, but it felt like ages. Nuclear strikes laid waste to most of the Earth. Most of the 2/10 of the world population that survived, settled on the largest place that was left more or less untouched, now called The Homeland.

Nations were weak. Economy was in ruins. Laws were ignored. The first months of the new age were ruled by anarchy.

Nation leaders, new and old, convened at a summit to discuss truce terms and to figure out how to go on. Opinions clashed: some wanted everything to be like before, but most knew that was not possible anymore. It was not until one man and his idea that everyone finally agreed what needs to be done. Divisor came up with a plan, that overshadowed all: create one country, one superstate, that would encompass the whole world...or at least what was left of it.

The groundwork for The Republic was laid. Over the next 5 years, the new superstate annexed all the uncorrupted land it could find, with force if necessary. The Homeland became the heart of The Republic, other lands, not directly connected to it became Colonies, used to gather resources not found in the mainland. The economy was rebuild, a new legal system was built and life seemed to finally return to its old ways. It only seemed so, however.

To prevent any future conflict, The Republic became increasingly totalitarian. Divisor and his administration focused all power in one central authority and mercilessly prersecuted anyone who opposed the new world order. The wish for perpetual peace was so strong, people supported new laws, policies, actions without question. Such forced peace, however, could not last.

A secret group of like-minded people was founded, all seeking ways to end this tyranny. Their numbers grew over the years, with people finally realizing this was not the future they had wanted. But they hesitated to take action, until the incident... an incident so big that could spark the flames of revoultion.

It took time, but 13 years after the war and 1 year since the incident, the rebels were finally ready. Two western provinces of the Homeland immediately secceded from The Republic, calling themselves CIF: Coaltion of Independent Factions. They invited every citizen, who wished for democracy, equality and rule of law, to join them. At the same time, they sent an army to fight The Republic, with the intention of acquiring more land and forcing The Republic to acknowledge them.

In the present day, two crucial provinces seperate the CIF from effectively controlling the Western Homeland - Belmont and Hallstead. Will CIF manage to establish itself as an economic and military soveregin power? Or will the Republic prevail and make an example of the rebels? It remains to be seen.
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiin January 7th 2013, 11:09 pm

If I go back to warn the others, there might be a chance of some idiots still trying to come after my life besides I probably won't be so lucky to escape a second time. Moving past the platform and continuing east seems to be the safest thing to do at the moment, but I shall do one last thing for the Republicans and eliminate the solders. I also should search them just to see if they have anything that I may need in the near future with them.

C) Kill the solders.
Zeiin
Zeiin

Health Health : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson January 10th 2013, 12:50 am

I'll post something up for me and Lars soon here - I'll edit this post then.

For now... Divisor, you scoundrel, giving yourself the central role of the main antagonist awesome

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Crimson mused Since they came in yesterday noon, that means the operation couldn't be starting too soon. The enemy should wait at least another day before commencing with anything. If we contact division 4 and inform them, then the battery would be out and once the enemy fails to contact the recon, they'll get suspicious and definitely postpone the operation. But still, that would be a dangerous gamble, they might send reinforcements from the north. We could however try to trick them...
Rummaging through their stuff, Crimson found a map and searched for the nearest village...
"To the north-east, huh?" Crimson thought out aloud "Private, look at this and turn to the east. There is a village not far off, we could find there some batteries there, as well as shelter and maybe help. Besides, those pursuing us will most probably think we headed off westwards, to our forces. Going east we'll trick 'em!"
"Sir, yes sir!" was Lars reply, but after a moment he asked "Lt., will you be in that case contacting division 4?"
"No, on the contrary - I'll try to contact the enemy and trick them into believing that enemy forces are heading this way and they should postpone, if not alltogether stop the operation." Crimson replied.
Then again, I can't act too forceful. The recon was uninformed of the total size and course of the operation, meaning they were unimportant. I'll have to be terrified. Tell them we are driving awayin our last jeep, only two of us alive, fleeing the enemy onslaught. Acting will be the key to convincing them of the bad state of affairs here.

Choosing option D, with a mixture of A and B.
(it would be fun if I actually managed to have like a conversation with the enemy base and play it out somehow).

Last edited by Crimson on January 21st 2013, 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Health Health : 51
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Satamino January 16th 2013, 8:36 pm

Choosing option B

(not much time so to prevent any delays I'll already pick an option, might edit this post later to provide some rpg elements)
Satamino
Satamino
Belphegor (Acedia)
Belphegor (Acedia)

Health Health : 354
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson January 21st 2013, 10:21 pm

BUMP. Wrote something up, sorry for the delay!
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII January 22nd 2013, 12:31 am

Take your time with choosing, I won't be able to post anything at least for a few days -.-

#fuckyouexams

When I do post though, it's going to be very long and epic Very Happy
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson January 22nd 2013, 12:33 am

Got the same problem. Lots of tests and stuff to finish off my tutorials and then got exams next week and the one after that...
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII February 20th 2013, 1:00 am

It is long overdue, I guess...

»I see you.« Eredale whispered as he pulled the trigger. The republican soldier inside his crosshairs fell to the ground. The sniper smirked. Republicans weren't pretty good at hiding. Their heads were always sticking out of rocks, walls, or whatever they picked as cover. Headshots are one of the perks of being a marksman…among countless other things, of course.
Eredale looked below. Not much work for me do to here anymore. His trigger-happy comrades have sent the rest of the Republicans running. Heh. They wouldn't be chasing them so bravely if they couldn't count on support from their captain above.
»Eredale. Come in, Eredale.« His walkie started buzzing.
»Sup, Commander.«
»Don't »sup« me, captain. How are things on your end?«
»Fine, sir. The Republicans are fleeing. I let my men chase after them.«
»Don't let them get too far. You've just got another assignment.«
Eredale sighed. »Really, sir? We've been fighting for days now, without much rest. Maybe you should send someone else.«
»Hahahaha.« The Commander's dry laugh echoed between the walls. »Rest? You'll rest when you're dead. You're the most efficent platoon I've got in the close proximity. And talk back to me again and I'll have you clean shit inside the medical tent.«
»Ok, ok, I got it. What's the job?«
»I got word that some brave Republicans are preparing to storm the intel base. How they got past the guards is a mistery, but luckily they spotted them early enough. I won't go in how information loss could be crucial in this battle. Get on it, now. You have 20 minutes.«
Eredale turned off the walkie. Goddamn him. This better be the last one for a while. I haven't had a bath in a week.
»Pearce!!« he called.
»Sir?« a voice answered somewhere below.
»We've got a job! Get everyone here in five!«
»Right away!«
Eredale took one last look around from the ruined tower he was lurking on. Not much of a view. The remains of what used to be a great city stretched as far as he could see. And beyond, the endless plains. The Battle Plains.
As he descended from his vantage point, his fellow soldiers started to come together.
»Hurry up.« he said as he put his rifle onto his back. »We don't have much time.«
»Where are we going?« one of the soldiers asked him.
Eredale pointed towards tall buildings to the west. »The intel base is about to be under attack.«
»Over my dead body!« Pearce laughed and reloaded his pistol.

It took them no more than ten minutes to reach the target zone. Eredale could spot twenty silhouettes, making some kind of preparations in what appeared to be the living room in a half-demolished townhouse. The captain signaled his platoon to hide behind some large debris, while he climed a nearby building. When he got to the roof, he unpacked his trusted PGM Hecate II sniper rifle and postioned it towards the enemy base. Looking through the scope, he could identify another five soldiers, all wearing…wait!? What the hell are they wearing? All of the twenty-five hostiles did not have usual Republican army uniforms, but instead they had donned black armour-like suits. Not only that, they also boasted thick black helmets and dangerous-looking guns. The hell? Who are these guys?
»Pearce!« Eredale whispered into his walkie. »Take out your binoculars and have a look at them!«
In a minute, Pearce whispered back. »Damn, man…this is some serious gear these fellas got…what's the plan?«

What will Eredale do?
A) Attack head on.
B) Take a smaller group and carry out a sneak attack.
C) Snipe the hostiles off the roof while your men provide cover.
D) Other.

More will follow.
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale February 20th 2013, 11:37 am

Watching their preparations through the scope, Eredale looked over the enemy movements. While the numbers were roughly the same, the enemy had massive advantages, better armed, protected, and holed up in a building. His beloved Hecate would have little trouble smashing those armour plates to bits - its caliber was created to accurately hit targets through concrete walls, after all - but he had doubts about the weapons that his troops carried. Everyone will have to go all out, as this certainly was not a usual encounter. At least it'd give him an excuse to insist on a temp break for his troops.

Now, before they started moving, it was time to strip them of their precious advantages.

"Fun time's over. Spread troops in a crescent around the exit and find the heaviest cover you can, do not make noise. As soon as they start leaving the building, grenade the exit and open fire. Do not exit the cover unless you're shooting. No talking, it's an ambush. I'm counting on y'all, it'll be hard but worth it."

He had to work with what he had. If he didn't have the numbers advantage, he had to make the enemy think he did, and attacking from three sides did this. If they were inside a building, he had to force them outside, and blowing up the exit as they walked out did this. They had protection, but no one was ever protected from stray bullets in a curtain fire.

And especially not Hecate's. Placing the walkie next to him, Eredale adjusted the zeroing, and pulled the bolt on the rifle, chambering the first dose of death.

(( I guess that's D - we ambush them from cover and trap them outside the building as they exit it. ))
Eredale
Eredale

Health Health : 156
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII March 4th 2013, 8:59 pm

Satamino walked out of his hiding in the bushes. CIF soldiers have not yet spotted him, so he coughed…loudly. The soldiers turned around, immediately pointing their rifles toward him. At about the same time, Satamino aimed his gun at their leader.
“Drop it!! Now!” one of the soldiers shouted.
“Not yet. We need to talk.”
“You can talk while you’re tied up. DROP IT!!” their leader demanded.
“I said we need to talk. You and me, alone.”
“Like I’m that naïve to go talking to a Republic mercenary by myself. Last chance, drop your weapon or we will shoot. You’re outnumbered and in a no position to negotiate.”
“Outnumbered? Don’t make me laugh.” Satamino smirked. “I know these woods like my own back pocket. I have people everywhere around you, shoot me and you die before you can say ‘Shit!’.”
“You’re bluffing.”
“Am I? Come on, you seem like a smart fella. Do you really think I would come here alone?”
The squad leader hesitated.
“Fine. You and me, alone. But if you try something, these men will put you down like a dog you are.”
The leader holstered his gun and stepped towards Satamino, far enough from his men that they couldn’t hear them.
“What do you want?” he inquired.
“I have a proposition for you. I was eavesdropping here and I know all about your plan.”
“I suggest you tell me something that would keep me from killing you on the spot.”
“Calm down. As I was saying, I heard what you’re up to. And I think it’s a good plan.”
“Get to the point.”
“I want in.”
The leader laughed. “You want in? After killing countless of our men, you want to join us?” He pulled a gun. “Stop fucking with me and tell me what you really want! I ain’t gonna fall for your traps!”
“Calm the f*ck DOWN!” Satamino shouted back. “Look, we are mercenaries. We do shit for money. I don’t like to lose, I never did. Right now, I believe you may gain the upper hand. So here’s my deal: In return for a specific sum of money, we’ll provide military and strategic assistance. In other words, we’ll help you shoot people and tell you everything we now.”
“And how do I know I can trust you? How do I know this isn’t some Republic trap?”
“You don’t. I’ll be around,” Satamino said “If you accept, shoot in the air three times and I’ll come to you. If you refuse…then I guess I’ll kill you later.” He turned around and walked away.

The leader returned to his soldiers.
“Sergeant Bourne,” one of his men said. “What did he want?”
“I have a decision to make.” Bourne replied.

What will Bourne do?
A) Accept the offer.
B) Refuse the offer.
C)Other:__________________________________________________
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Back to top Go down