The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basketball

+3
DoM!n
Storm
LiGhtninGeR
7 posters

Go down

Basketball Empty Basketball

Post by LiGhtninGeR December 8th 2012, 3:29 am

Well, most of guys from my country (country on this forum, not real country) know that I am a hardcore basketball fan. I love playing basketball, watching basketball, learning new things about basketball. To me, basketball is more than a game, it is my passion. I'd like to see if there's anyone else here who also likes, plays and watches basketball.

To start off, I'd like to present my favorite club. I am a big fan of Basketball Club Partizan mt:s who are competing in ABA league and Euroleague. Partizan won Euroleague back in 1992 after 3-point winning shot scored by Aleksandar Đorđević (Djordjevich). In season 2009/2010 Partizan qualified for Euroleague Final Four where it finsihed 4th after two overtime games. Partizan is well known for their home fans called "Grobari" ("The Gravediggers") who are easily one of the best basketball fans in the World. Many people come to Belgrade just so they can attend spectacular atmosphere these fans are making. Here's a video of those famous fans making incredible atmosphere:

By the way, Partizan fans are current record holder in Euroleague for most fans in one game (22,567 against Panathinaikos).

I am also a big fan of NBA basketball. My favorite team is Los Angeles Clippers because I love fast basketball with a lot of alley-oops, dunks and give and go's. My favorite players are Blake Griffin (who has inhumane vertical leap, in my opinion best dunker at the moment in NBA, maybe the best dunker ever), Chris Paul (genius point guard, has a solid shoot, he's very fast and has great feeling for assist) and of course Kobe Bryant, greatest player that has ever played the game after Michael Jordan.

If there are interested, I can post highlights of NBA or Euroleague games and top plays of the day/week/month.
LiGhtninGeR
LiGhtninGeR
Lucifer (Superbia)
Lucifer (Superbia)

Health Health : 49
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Basketball Empty Re: Basketball

Post by Storm December 8th 2012, 4:11 am

Sounds good to me. Go for it Lightning Smile
Storm
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DoM!n December 8th 2012, 12:37 pm

Mediocore basketball fan here, I used to love NBA before, never played it competetive, only for fun with friends though.

Shaq and KG are my favourites of all time awesome

DoM!n
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Health Health : 261
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow December 8th 2012, 1:24 pm

Its a good sport, but I call it niggerball.
Snow
Snow
St. Michael
St. Michael

Health Health : 87
Registration date : 2012-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by din98 December 8th 2012, 2:04 pm

i like basketball.
i play basketball for my school.
din98
din98

Health Health : -5
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LiGhtninGeR December 8th 2012, 2:25 pm

Snow wrote:Its a good sport, but I call it niggerball.

Somewhere I read that muscles of black people develop faster than others. Many think that due to the decades of hard labor and slavery, because when they were being transported in slave ships, the ones that could retain most salt and water survived. So, muscles became strong and withstanding and that became dominant gene.

Anyway, don't get it wrong, I didn't meant to offend anyone, just saying this because black people are really dominant in basketball (LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Dwight Howard, Shaquille O'Neal, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, and many other great players). But, one of the best dunkers of all time is "white". Very Happy

I've seen that Storm has shown some interest in highlights of the game, so I'll put some videos of games played yesterday and of a Euroleague game of Partizan played in thursday.

LA Lakers 108 - 114 Oklahoma City Thunder
Kobe Bryant (LAL) 35pts and 7ast
Kevin Durant (OKC) 36pts and 9reb

Houston Rockets 92 - 114 San Antonio Spurs
James Harden (HOU) 29pts and 5ast
Tony Parker (SAS) 17pts, 7ast.

NBA Nightly highlights: 7th December

Top 10 plays: 7th December

Partizan mt:s 67 - 68 Barcelona Regal
Dragan Milosavljević (PAR) 14pts, 2reb, 2ast, 2stl
Nathan Jawai (BAR) 8pts, 4reb, 2stl, 2blk

Anyway, Euroleague basketball is much more serious basketball than NBA untill the Play-offs (much more tactics, tough defenses) thusly less number of points (Partizan mt:s - Barcelona, regular score 58-58, after overtime 67-68). Also, don't forget that in Europe quarter lasts 10 minutes, in NBA 12 minutes.

@Din

That's awesome. I'm not playing for my school because I don't have required height (I'm about 177cm, which is 5'9"ft, I think).
LiGhtninGeR
LiGhtninGeR
Lucifer (Superbia)
Lucifer (Superbia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thel_JF December 8th 2012, 5:12 pm

lol are you serious about this natural selection through slavery shit?
cause if youre not you shouldnt even have mentioned it
Thel_JF
Thel_JF
Special Jounin of Leaf

Health Health : 115
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by LiGhtninGeR December 8th 2012, 5:50 pm

I said I've read that somewhere, why not mention it, I didn't mean to offend anyone.
LiGhtninGeR
LiGhtninGeR
Lucifer (Superbia)
Lucifer (Superbia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tfwtolly December 19th 2012, 3:05 pm

Tyson Chandler
NY Knicks
Boston Celtics
Denver Nuggets (Just cause they have the coolest fucking name in the world)
I do like Kobe Bryant but it was fairly hilarious when Jeremy Lin shat on his face.

Tfwtolly

Health Health : -3
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by LiGhtninGeR December 19th 2012, 5:37 pm

Lin for the win, he worked alot to get in NBA, and he was patient enough and waited for his moment to shine. Now he's the starting PG in Houston.

Btw, Blake Griffin, just incredible:

Guy posses abnormal ability to jump, I would really like to watch him again in the Dunk Contest, I hope he'll compete this year.

Top play from yesterday, incredible Gerald Henderson's dunk over Howard:

LiGhtninGeR
LiGhtninGeR
Lucifer (Superbia)
Lucifer (Superbia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down