The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE+Pose! 'Last Movie': Naruto 'Nextyle' Sprite

3 posters

Go down

UPDATE+Pose! 'Last Movie': Naruto 'Nextyle' Sprite Empty UPDATE+Pose! 'Last Movie': Naruto 'Nextyle' Sprite

Post by The Creator July 29th 2014, 3:39 pm

Hi y'all. I was bored, and haven't done any fun spriting (besides spriting the bijuu's) in a while. So I thought I'll come back with a special Naruto sprite.

EDIT: Thanks to a kick in the arse by Red, I have played around with the sprite.
- A third color shade has been added.
- Hue and Saturation has been tuned.
- New hair style.
- Made sandals thicker.
- Fixed hood.
- Added expressions/emotions to Naruto's face.

Made sure it wouldn't look like Red's attempt. And for Red (too many Reds X.X), I have made a hilarious pose.

Base: UPDATE+Pose! 'Last Movie': Naruto 'Nextyle' Sprite Lastmn14

Maybe y'all might recognize this design...

Anything from anyone is appreciated!  uberserious

Last edited by The Creator on July 31st 2014, 10:18 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated sprite plus it's brief. + Pose)
The Creator
The Creator

Health Health : 50
Registration date : 2009-05-19

http://dominekkas.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

UPDATE+Pose! 'Last Movie': Naruto 'Nextyle' Sprite Empty Re: UPDATE+Pose! 'Last Movie': Naruto 'Nextyle' Sprite

Post by Red July 29th 2014, 4:47 pm

Is "Nextyle" your style just with NZC shading? Your sprites all have the same poses really, spice it up a little, give them life. I'd prefer a better palette for the black part of his hoodie. His face could use better shading. All comments are really about one problem, use a third shade for your colors. I'm criticizing the style more than criticizing the actual sprite. Concerning the sprite itself, he doesn't seem to have a neck. Fix that.
Red
Red
NTSDII Spriter
NTSDII Spriter

Health Health : 11
Country : UPDATE+Pose! 'Last Movie': Naruto 'Nextyle' Sprite Empty
Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

UPDATE+Pose! 'Last Movie': Naruto 'Nextyle' Sprite Empty Re: UPDATE+Pose! 'Last Movie': Naruto 'Nextyle' Sprite

Post by Rhino.Freak July 29th 2014, 5:08 pm

I kinda like the pose.. its pretty badass rather than the SnD stupid one..
Also i feel his sandal's sole/base needs to be thicker Razz
And a little more shading like Red said!

Overall, badass pose.. i like the face too actually! Keep it up man Very Happy
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 80
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 29th 2014, 5:17 pm

The SND one is stupid yes, but I didn't say use the SND one. Just liven it up a little bit. As for the face, give it emotion, it looks bland that's what I meant.
Red
Red
NTSDII Spriter
NTSDII Spriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator July 29th 2014, 6:30 pm

@Red: Yes, I do agree with the neck and face, and yes, all have the same poses. I have already started working on poses since May. Haven't done the progress I hoped for, because of school, work and personal life.
I don't know about third shades though. I have tried to optimize them (yes, it is my style. This style has NO relation to NZC in anyway whatsoever. Personally I do not like NZC.) but it didn't look so well. They resembled a lot in my previous styles, which were absolute TRAGIC! I have decided to use less color shading to give it simplicity. Kind of like anime. SND has horrible shadings. It uses too much and is very time consuming. The hood was just used from another sprite of mine. It'll be updated. I don't like the bag line on the side anyways.
I have noticed that some shades needs to be more distinguished from other shades. Like the skin tones. The second and outline shades are too alike.
Back to the point; the style itself isn't really 'complete'. I still need to fix a few things on it. Like, I still haven't decided the proportions of the body and things.

@Rhino: I'll see what I can do with the sandals.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'll see what I can do with a third shade. I just don't want it to look all 'pillow shade'-ish.
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 29th 2014, 11:00 pm

I use 3-4 shades sometimes in my style and the shading looks as simple as it can get. Even if you're going to use 2 shades only, lower the contrast a bit. And I don't know, maybe you didn't intend for the shading to resemble NZC shading, but they're quite similar even if it wasn't on purpose.

Can I play around with it for a bit?
Red
Red
NTSDII Spriter
NTSDII Spriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator July 29th 2014, 11:08 pm

Knock yourself out man!
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 29th 2014, 11:45 pm

Work on what I told you while I do the same.

Last edited by Red on July 29th 2014, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red
Red
NTSDII Spriter
NTSDII Spriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator July 29th 2014, 11:51 pm

Yes, I have already started. But I'm going to sleep now. It's 10:50 PM here, and I can't last long due to health problems. -.-'
Can't wait to see your variation! Smile
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 30th 2014, 11:13 am

This is what I ended up with. It's not pretty, but it's the best I could do with what I have. The style still needs A LOT of work to it. Anyways...
UPDATE+Pose! 'Last Movie': Naruto 'Nextyle' Sprite 67my5l
Red
Red
NTSDII Spriter
NTSDII Spriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator July 30th 2014, 8:45 pm

Oh that's pretty marvelous! Now my own expectations for myself is high..
Yes, I do see all my mistakes now on mine. I guess I should do some rest then inspect my work more before posting. Can't do everything in one day.
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak August 1st 2014, 8:34 am

The updated one looks great! Keep it up! Very Happy (sandals can still be thicker though Razz)
keep it up man! +1
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 80
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red August 1st 2014, 6:20 pm

Much better (Y) The shading does resemble mine a lot though Razz I really like the hair and face! Keep it up.
Red
Red
NTSDII Spriter
NTSDII Spriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator August 1st 2014, 8:02 pm

I swear i had yours beside mine while i worked to make sure it wont. XD
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down