The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas prices plumeting, global warming, WWIII?

+2
Zazz
BOOMHEADSHOT
6 posters

Go down

Gas prices plumeting, global warming, WWIII? Empty Gas prices plumeting, global warming, WWIII?

Post by BOOMHEADSHOT October 30th 2008, 4:43 am

I, for one thing, hate the fact that the gas prices is lowering by we speak
now for some people, its a good thing cause less money to spend
BUT they should be aware that they will suck up the resources and soon we'll have none left and all countries will go to war, BECAUSE OF OIL

yes, if this continues on, I predict that there will be a 3rd World War and most of the countries will target US (NOOO I LIVE THERE)

If we can use natural energy like solar wind geothermic all the nature stuff, and use electric cars instead of cars that use gas (HYBRIDS NOT INCLUDED) it would be more better for our world

UNFORTUNETLY, hybrids get more advance and makes it more appealing to people and electric cars i heard are expensive. So even if there would be a change, it would take years, years to convert and years to reduce global warming.

I have researched that global warming will eventually lead us into the 5th ice ages, now you would believe there was only 1 ice age but no there was 4 glacial periods and 4 interglacial periods (right now 4th) the years between the periods were at a constant rate but because of the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere, rate will increase dramaticly and melt all the glaciers and raise sea level, eventually flooding the world

because im too lazy to write more, you say something
BOOMHEADSHOT
BOOMHEADSHOT

Health Health : 0
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Gas prices plumeting, global warming, WWIII? Empty Re: Gas prices plumeting, global warming, WWIII?

Post by Zazz October 30th 2008, 8:33 am

Um, before this economic crisis, fuel prices at Australia were nearly $2 a litre. Now its about $1.20 a litre. That may sound little, but over the long term, it could save a family thousands a year.

Zazz

Health Health : 141

Back to top Go down

Gas prices plumeting, global warming, WWIII? Empty Re: Gas prices plumeting, global warming, WWIII?

Post by zxcv11791 October 30th 2008, 2:20 pm

Actually there already were electric cars created that was at a fairly reasonable price. Learnt bout it in school ages ago. Was killed by oil companies though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Killed_the_Electric_Car%3F#Topics_addressed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_EV1#Reaction

And there won't be a war over oil. It's more likey the world will go to war over water.

Plus if everyone tries to target the US they'll just get nuked right away. So highly unlikely there will be a world war since everyone is afraid of getting nuked. (there is a term for this but I forgot)

zxcv11791
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Health Health : 569
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by BOOMHEADSHOT October 31st 2008, 5:30 am

Actually there already were electric cars created that was at a fairly reasonable price. Learnt bout it in school ages ago. Was killed by oil companies though.

yeah, i saw that video last year, but not only the oil companies, the government also had something to do with it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Killed_the_Electric_Car%3F#Topics_addressed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_EV1#Reaction

[quote="zxcv11791"]
And there won't be a war over oil. It's more likey the world will go to war over water.

In my opinion, oil will come first, then water since water is more abundant than oil, but of course we would have to filter from the ocean in order to drink it. Even if its expensive to do so, its better to have water than not have any at all, while oil just goes away because we constantly burn it everyday and it can't be reused but eventually, water would be the "next oil"
BOOMHEADSHOT
BOOMHEADSHOT

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazz October 31st 2008, 7:10 am

But there are so many other energy resources, like the unlimited power of the Sun. Once oil runs out people will make a lot of solar powered or coal powered stuff.

Zazz

Back to top Go down

Post by zxcv11791 October 31st 2008, 10:15 am

and some smaller countries are actually running their cars on vegetable oil now.

Oil is still a concern, but its not as big as before now.

zxcv11791
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Health Health : 569
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazz October 31st 2008, 12:08 pm

Lol I remember seeing something on news about a truck running on oil that had been used to cook hot chips.

Zazz

Back to top Go down

Post by xlittlebob520 November 1st 2008, 12:37 am

i think i heard of a car that uses chicken poop for powering lol!
xlittlebob520
xlittlebob520

Health Health : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by ~cry~ November 1st 2008, 1:51 am

Wow the guys over here are genius :|
i don't know anything of this global war or something
~cry~
~cry~

Health Health : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-12

http://nl.youtube.com/user/KoningDerek

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazz November 1st 2008, 1:54 am

No, it's called watching the news.

Zazz

Back to top Go down

Post by xlittlebob520 November 1st 2008, 1:56 am

Zazz wrote:No, it's called watching the news.
ya... your parents will make you eventually :|
xlittlebob520
xlittlebob520

Back to top Go down

Post by ~cry~ November 1st 2008, 1:58 am

Zazz wrote:No, it's called watching the news.
no time for that Smile and im only 13(almost 14) so i don't freakin care about the news Very Happy
~cry~
~cry~

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazz November 1st 2008, 2:04 am

I'm only 14, 15 in a month. Yet I watch the news.

You should watch it. It's good for you.

Zazz

Back to top Go down

Post by xlittlebob520 November 1st 2008, 2:11 am

Zazz wrote:I'm only 14, 15 in a month. Yet I watch the news.

You should watch it. It's good for you.
ya, i agreed, is very essential for living, ex: everyone is asking who are you voting for, and you'll be like "huh?"
yes i know, is boring but you guys probably spent too much time on the computer
xlittlebob520
xlittlebob520

Back to top Go down

Post by narutoguy November 1st 2008, 2:21 am

well you are not the only one....
narutoguy
narutoguy

Health Health : 22
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ~cry~ November 1st 2008, 1:35 pm

im from holland(a small land) so there nothing intresting news over here
~cry~
~cry~

Back to top Go down

Post by BOOMHEADSHOT November 2nd 2008, 5:16 am

Zazz wrote:But there are so many other energy resources, like the unlimited power of the Sun. Once oil runs out people will make a lot of solar powered or coal powered stuff.

true, but its expensive to create a solar poweplant and requires more land, which is really hard to get nowadays, even if i encourage it, the government wouldnt do so because its expensive, STOP WASTING OUR MONEY ON WAR, >:O

coal will eventually run out too, and will increase global warming since it produce CO2 also, STOP SUPPORTING COAL AND UNRENEWABLE RESOURCES >:O

to kanucci:
im 14 and i watch news once in a while, mostly i keep in touch with what goes around in this small world, and use the internet

youtube global warming
BOOMHEADSHOT
BOOMHEADSHOT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down