The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homosexuals are Population control.

+7
Zeiin
Magnamancy
Triv
Storm
Skeggiold
†Decimo†
K E N T A R U
11 posters

Go down

Homosexuals are Population control. Empty Homosexuals are Population control.

Post by K E N T A R U October 24th 2010, 10:04 pm

Many evolutionary biologists have wrestled with the widespread presence of homosexuality in human populations. Essentially, their quandry is not that homosexuality is present in large numbers (2-3% at most in any population), but that it is found in virtually all cultures and societies at least to some degree. Evolutionarily, this implies that there is some evolutionary benefit and some genetic component, which usually means it contributes to survival and reproductive success in some way. But how can that be when homosexuals reproduce at a far lesser rate than heterosexuals? The original sociobiologist, E. O. Wilson, stated the problem this way: "The homosexual state itself results in inferior genetic fitness, because of course homosexual men marry much less frequently and have far fewer children than their unambiguously heterosexual counterparts." (Sociobiology: The New Synthesis, Belknap/Harvard, 1975, p. 555.) Evolutionary explanations require an immediate genetic benefit for the individual expressing the trait or behavior. Things such as "population control," as you suggest, require a cooperative spirit (technically referred to as group selection) that is normally considered outside direct genetic influence and is therefore rejected by most evolutionary biologists.

Most evolutionary biologists have tried to deal with the problem by one of two suggestions. First, the genes involving homosexuality (if there are indeed any at all, but so far there is no evidence for any) could be advantageous somehow in the heterozygous state (individuals who have one copy of a gene leading to homosexuality but not both and therefore not truly expressing the trait), and therefore the gene or genes are kept in the population that way even though when both copies are expressed in the same individual (homozygosity) reproduction is prevented. Second, some have suggested that homosexuals may gain a genetic fitness by being primarily helpers in raising offspring of their brothers and sisters, therefore preserving their own genes through aiding the survival of their nieces and nephews who carry about 1/8 of their own genes (technically referred to as kin selection). Aiding the survival of eight or more such nieces and nephews preserves a full complement of your genes into the next generation which is how natural selection supposedly works. Both of these options may at first sound reasonable but, neither of these options has a shred of evidence in support of it.

Respectfully,

Ray Bohlin
Probe Ministries
K E N T A R U
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Health Health : 184
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Homosexuals are Population control. Empty Re: Homosexuals are Population control.

Post by Skeggiold October 25th 2010, 12:58 am

I don't have problems with homosexual people either,but,I do have problems with the ones who dress themselves like humanoid peacocks...
Skeggiold
Skeggiold

Health Health : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Homosexuals are Population control. Empty Re: Homosexuals are Population control.

Post by Storm October 25th 2010, 1:02 am

Clearly the person who wrote that is homophobic...
Storm
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U October 25th 2010, 3:11 am

And clearly the person who made this topic was bored.

I mean does anyone else agree that gays are a form of population control
K E N T A R U
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Triv October 25th 2010, 4:14 am

Gays don't have that much effect on birth/death rate to be a form of population control
Triv
Triv

Health Health : 56
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeggiold October 25th 2010, 4:21 am

I don't agree with this sh*t. I mean,population control? Looks like some kind of pre-made thing. Maybe it is Xenu's fault...
Skeggiold
Skeggiold

Health Health : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnamancy October 25th 2010, 8:41 am

Homosexuals are Population control. M020

... I'm not even gonna start dissecting this. The origins weren't
of this forum, I have no method of talking with 'Ray Bohlin', and
it has no substance beyond an idle man's speculation anyway.

Edit: Oh, no, I don't agree Kentaru. If it was inherently
advantageous, much more if not all people would have the trait
as per evolution.

Reasoning:

Last edited by Magnamancy on October 25th 2010, 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Magnamancy
Magnamancy
Minami
Minami

Health Health : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiin October 25th 2010, 8:58 am

im out of this topic and i also don't care about gays -execpt for "those" who just rape you out of no were then it would be a problem-
Zeiin
Zeiin

Health Health : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII October 25th 2010, 11:37 am

I should lock this before Eredale gets here...
awesome
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Health Health : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale October 25th 2010, 2:24 pm

K E N T A R U wrote:
[...]"The homosexual state itself results in inferior genetic fitness, [...]

[...]preserving their own genes[...]preserves a full complement of your genes into the next generation[...]natural selection[...]

Yep. Homosexuality is a mechanism that allows the natural selections to prevent inferior genetic components into the future generations, thus cleansing the gene pool. Homosexuals should each get a Darvin's award for that, mhm. I am holding fists for that man.
Eredale
Eredale

Health Health : 156
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarnicone October 25th 2010, 4:42 pm

Why kill the fun?

Indeed.
Sarnicone
Sarnicone

Health Health : 101
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Magnamancy October 26th 2010, 4:04 am

Eredale wrote:
K E N T A R U wrote:
[...]"The homosexual state itself results in inferior genetic fitness, [...]

[...]preserving their own genes[...]preserves a full complement of your genes into the next generation[...]natural selection[...]

Yep. Homosexuality is a mechanism that allows the natural selections to prevent inferior genetic components into the future generations, thus cleansing the gene pool. Homosexuals should each get a Darvin's award for that, mhm. I am holding fists for that man.

If that means you'll debate on his behalf, I'll entertain you.

You are right if you cut away the superiority notion,
Homosexuality should wipe itself out of the gene pool by
the definition given.

The problem this raises though, is why is homosexuality a
still re-occurring trait.
I mean, if it was gene based, it would have logically let itself
die out as per natural selection.

This is why I don't believe it's a straightforward gene based
phenomenon, as this man suggests.
Magnamancy
Magnamancy
Minami
Minami

Health Health : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix October 26th 2010, 4:39 am

People have been gay long before population was ever viewed as an issue.

Even animals can be gay..

The effect that the gay community has on the earths population is close to none. Especially since because of social status and other factors that go into some one born gay being afraid of the way they are, the effects are reduced that much more.

The thought of population creating or even affecting homosexuality is however verified, in a way. When a mother has consistent male children, her body gets better at recognizing and essentially attacking the foreign (different gender) object growing. Thus female hormones invade the male body and this can create what some view as an unnatural desire to have sex with men.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale October 26th 2010, 8:36 am

Aha, the thing is that natural selection and evolution aren't that hasty

Come to think of it, a simple bacteria can have up to 47000000 DNA strings in its genome, and even though I dont remember the number for the humans, you can imagine how big it is. Now, if homosexual behaviour is created by genes, then it should be some variants of gene allocations inside that ridiculous number. Imagine the variety of them~

And since one human lives quite long for fast-paced evolution to take place, this selection can go on for ages further. One genome combination at a time, it's moving forward, but there is still a lot of work for it. Besides, you cannot really guarantee the success of the gene destruction.
Eredale
Eredale

Health Health : 156
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by K E N T A R U October 27th 2010, 12:56 am

o-o;; Well then... It seems nobody disagrees with thus statement
K E N T A R U
K E N T A R U
NTSDII Leader
NTSDII Leader

Back to top Go down