The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennis maybe?

+7
narutouchiha
CrawHawk IV
Thel_JF
DoM!n
Basikninja
LiGhtninGeR
Crimson
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tennis maybe? Empty Tennis maybe?

Post by Crimson January 27th 2013, 7:49 pm

I assume there is no such topic here, so I might as well create one - felt like doing so after watching todays Oz opens finals and going later on this day on the ntsd forum.

Anyhow, is by any chance into tennis? Like has played it a bit? A bit more? Watched the games? Is interested in the players?
That would be more of a general question.

Whereas something more on time would be: how did you like the oz opens? Who did you root for? Did you like the Djokovic-Murray match? What are you predictions in any upcoming tournaments concerning those two players (IMO currenty the top and most promising male players).
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Health Health : 51
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Tennis maybe? Empty Re: Tennis maybe?

Post by LiGhtninGeR January 27th 2013, 8:00 pm

I can't describe how proud I am of my countryman Novak Djokovic. He's by far the best tennis player at the moment, if he continues playing like this, he could be one of the greatest ever.

I play tennis on summer. Last summer I got infected by mononucleosis, so I literally skipped summer without playing basketball, football or tennis. This summer it'll be different, now I am more warmed up to play tennis after 2 years of break (played it last time on summer 2011). I never trained profesionally tennis, but I am pretty good for a guy who plays it just for fun. Have good serve. Very Happy

Just like tennis, I never played profesionally basketball neither, but on summer I play it almost everyday, 2 hours minimum. You guys could think how awful was last summer for me...

Anyway, my favorite tennis players are, of course, Serbs Novak Djokovic and Janko Tipsarevic. Maybe I like little more Janko because Djokovic is better and easily comes to SFs and Finals (because he's just too good), while Tipsa (Tipsarevic's nickname) has to be on top of his game to advance to Grand Slam QFs or Masters SFs. When I started watching tennis (2007), my favorite player was Andy Roddick because of his rocket serve.
LiGhtninGeR
LiGhtninGeR
Lucifer (Superbia)
Lucifer (Superbia)

Health Health : 49
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Basikninja January 27th 2013, 8:14 pm

I do like tennis,but I have never played it before. I didn't watch any of the Australian Open matches this year, because of the time differences, but I know that Ricardas Berankis (Lithuanian's best tennis player) faced Murray and lost,but it was still quite nice to see him fightning against such players as Andy himself.
When I first started watching tennis a few years ago and saw Rafael Nadal I instantly started to like his playing style and he became my favourite tennis player and it hasn't changed ever since.
I don't watch tennis as much as I did before,but I still like it nevertheless and I would like to try it out myself someday.
Basikninja
Basikninja

Health Health : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson January 27th 2013, 10:13 pm

LiGhtninGeR wrote:I can't describe how proud I am of my countryman Novak Djokovic. He's by far the best tennis player at the moment, if he continues playing like this, he could be one of the greatest ever.

I play tennis on summer. Last summer I got infected by mononucleosis, so I literally skipped summer without playing basketball, football or tennis. This summer it'll be different, now I am more warmed up to play tennis after 2 years of break (played it last time on summer 2011). I never trained profesionally tennis, but I am pretty good for a guy who plays it just for fun. Have good serve. Very Happy

Just like tennis, I never played profesionally basketball neither, but on summer I play it almost everyday, 2 hours minimum. You guys could think how awful was last summer for me...

Anyway, my favorite tennis players are, of course, Serbs Novak Djokovic and Janko Tipsarevic. Maybe I like little more Janko because Djokovic is better and easily comes to SFs and Finals (because he's just too good), while Tipsa (Tipsarevic's nickname) has to be on top of his game to advance to Grand Slam QFs or Masters SFs. When I started watching tennis (2007), my favorite player was Andy Roddick because of his rocket serve.

Oh well... I started playing when I was about 7 yrs old and kept playing it for 11 more years (with two 1.5 year breaks coz why not). I played in a group, with a trainer, then alone when I was better. Went to many tennis camps, played in some tournaments (local, regional level ones, mind you). When I was twelve my trainer asked my parents, if they would be up for me playing a profesional, but they were no, so I stayed at 2 trainings per week in a more hobbistic manner;p

Concerning the current match, then for now Novak is the best obviously, though in two years Murray will probably have surpassed him - Novak 2 years ago had his 'graduation' of beating Federer (probably the best player overall till now, though you could argue that others like Agassi, Sampas or older ones like Bjorg, Lendl or McEnroe are also legendary), whereas Murray had it now, so he still has a lot of place for improvement (the hell, look at what Lendl's coaching did to his forhand, made it a killer return, better than his backhand).

basikninja2 wrote:I do like tennis,but I have never played it before. I didn't watch any of the Australian Open matches this year, because of the time differences, but I know that Ricardas Berankis (Lithuanian's best tennis player) faced Murray and lost,but it was still quite nice to see him fightning against such players as Andy himself.
When I first started watching tennis a few years ago and saw Rafael Nadal I instantly started to like his playing style and he became my favourite tennis player and it hasn't changed ever since.
I don't watch tennis as much as I did before,but I still like it nevertheless and I would like to try it out myself someday.

In PL we only have Radwańska (some ppl say she's awesome, though I'm skeptical of her, after she lost the first match at the olympics in London she said that olympics are shit so I can't look seriously at someone who blames everything for his shortcomings, coz she honestly did suck) and Janowicz, whose only achievement for now is his great height and the 26th place in the ranking.
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoM!n January 27th 2013, 10:44 pm

Djokovic and Kvitova, best duo ever

rest of the world, are you even trying?

I think Czechs overall are pretty fuckin' good at tennis.
DoM!n
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Health Health : 261
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson January 27th 2013, 11:04 pm

DoM!n wrote:Djokovic and Kvitova, best duo ever

rest of the world, are you even trying?

I think Czechs overall are pretty fuckin' good at tennis.

Kvitova had a very good year 2011, but 2012 wasn't too generous for her (she fell from 3rd to 7th/8th I think).
But they were hailed, Kvitova and Djokovic, the best sportsmen of 2011, so yeah, they are really good. Djokovic is by far the most consistent in the way he plays, not giving in the keeping on playing (the first set against Murray was dominated by Murray, then after that Novak managed to make a comeback, though for a long time he didn't seem so sure of his victory, until like the middle of the 3rd set, when Murray was too tired to play decently anymore. Novak's perseverence one him this one Smile )
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thel_JF January 27th 2013, 11:12 pm

what bothers me is the amount of injuries and problems professional tennis players get
like most of them are totally wasted after they finish their career

Thel_JF
Thel_JF
Special Jounin of Leaf

Health Health : 115
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DoM!n January 27th 2013, 11:15 pm

btw I just realized that Navratilova ( ex- tennis player, pretty much a legend) is lesbian..kinda suprising
DoM!n
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson January 27th 2013, 11:28 pm

Thel_JF wrote:what bothers me is the amount of injuries and problems professional tennis players get
like most of them are totally wasted after they finish their career

That's true. It's hard to actually judge if this a bad thing or not - on one hand they themselves choose this way of life so they should be ready for all the bad things that they may chance upon. On the other it is sad that it wrecks their bodies. Actually its like that with other sports too - when you go professional you have to sacrifice a bit of yourself in order to try and win. And additionally you never even have the certainty that you will succeed on a more global scale.

Another example would be artists, though a bit different, as they do not get such injuries - instead they don't earn that much through their lives and generally have no idea if their works will be even barely contemplated by the public. Most of the famous artists gained recognition after their deaths, usually in a completely random manner. In a way you could say that the road they have to go through is more important than the very aim.

DoM!n wrote:btw I just realized that Navratilova ( ex- tennis player, pretty much a legend) is lesbian..kinda suprising

Lol, never even knew that Oo.
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Basikninja January 28th 2013, 5:53 pm

I find it weird how Wozniacki was the 1st in the WTA ranking and now she's like 11th or something. Personally my favourite women's tennis player is Li Na,she just seems really consistent. What are your thoughts on her,Crimson?
Basikninja
Basikninja

Health Health : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson January 30th 2013, 11:48 pm

Well, Wozniacki had a rough 2011 year. I think she didn't get into any finals (or even semi-fianls) of the 2011 grand slam tournaments. And 2012 wasn't much better.

About Li Na, I never was interested in her. She's been around pretty long I think but only like a year ago got into the top 10. Anyways, I don't know much about womans tennis...
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by CrawHawk IV January 31st 2013, 6:48 am

I play tennis, I have reached the Regional for singles and State for doubles.

No offence, but I don't like Djokovic or Azarenka.
CrawHawk IV
CrawHawk IV

Health Health : 20
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by LiGhtninGeR January 31st 2013, 10:06 am

None taken, it's absolutely on you which tennis player you'll like or not.
LiGhtninGeR
LiGhtninGeR
Lucifer (Superbia)
Lucifer (Superbia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson January 31st 2013, 11:01 am

A wrote:I play tennis, I have reached the Regional for singles and State for doubles.

Wow drool cool
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by narutouchiha January 31st 2013, 4:25 pm

i dont like tennis maybe to practice but see like something that i love NO
why?
In Colombia, we dont have people good in this sport, you know like a celebrity
narutouchiha
narutouchiha
Chunnin of the Leaf
Chunnin of the Leaf

Health Health : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson January 31st 2013, 4:49 pm

That's a very biased way of thinking, liking only the sports that have celebrity-status sportsmen from your country. Rather than say that it's partiotic, I'd say it's chauvinistic in a way. I don't need people from my country to be awesome at a sport to think it's cool - I only need myself to think it's cool. Well whatever. I usually don't watch polish tennis players, coz then again there aren't that many (there is a decent duo in the doubles, there's Radwanska in womens and Janowicz in mens but that's ATM about everything. In the past we had Fibak, but that was like 40 years ago I think).
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by narutouchiha January 31st 2013, 5:18 pm

maybe you have the reason crimsin, thanks man is a great point of view
narutouchiha
narutouchiha
Chunnin of the Leaf
Chunnin of the Leaf

Health Health : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson January 31st 2013, 5:31 pm

Personally I prefer playing myself over watching. Though I do get cought up in a good match, actually noticing that I forget to breath sometimes Very Happy It's really thrilling at times Very Happy
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by LiGhtninGeR February 1st 2013, 12:44 am

I think that narutouchiha was talking about the lack of good players in tennis from Colombia so the kids from Colombia would start playing more tennis and the country would invest more in tennis. Since Djokovic became a TOP 3 player, number of kids that are training tennis in Serbia increased dramatically. Tennis academy was open in Kragujevac, and the first official Serbian ATP tournament was created in 2010. (Serbia Open).

I also started playing tennis when Djokovic became popular, before that I never watched tennis neither was interested in watching or playing it.
LiGhtninGeR
LiGhtninGeR
Lucifer (Superbia)
Lucifer (Superbia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Remilia Scarlet February 1st 2013, 1:09 am

I used to play and enjoy tennis with some mates (at some Tennis club or something), but when they quit it due to personal reasons, I lost all interest aswell.

So only 1 year later I tried to go back to this sport, but sadly I'm now horrible at it (seems like my new height has destroyed everything about how I was hitting the tennis ball).

As for the tennis on TV... never watched it and will most likely not do it anytime soon.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet

Health Health : 83
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by LiGhtninGeR February 1st 2013, 1:33 am

I play it every summer, which means I finish with playing tennis on August, and then start again on June, 9 months interval. I need about a week to "remember" how to play tennis. The problem is, as I said, I got sick last summer so I couldn't do nothing, so this June it'll be 21 months since I played tennis. Gonna need a month to get back my serve, backhand and forehand.
LiGhtninGeR
LiGhtninGeR
Lucifer (Superbia)
Lucifer (Superbia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson February 24th 2013, 5:53 pm

Hopefully I'll be returning to tennis soon Smile The main reason I quit a bit was cash, since getting a court and having a regular coach was really expensive. Now though I found out that playing at my uni isn't that expensive and one friend of mine plays there so it should be fine Very Happy
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm March 1st 2013, 10:43 pm

I hope I get to play tennis when I am going to my Master's degree. I love the sport overall.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson March 2nd 2013, 3:02 pm

Isn't that in like a few years? Like 1 or 2 to be precise?
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoM!n March 2nd 2013, 5:23 pm

Berdych yesterday beat Federer, but in finals the best in the world awaits him, don't have lots of chances imho, but losing to serb is never bad.
DoM!n
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next