The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Thread

+38
bashscrazy
FeniX112
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Kytes VI
Mihdi Uchiha
Triv
K E N T A R U
yflash_2895
Dark Lord 123
Izaak
its confirmed again
4thHokage
The Creator
Arazz
DoM!n
Sander
deepseabyrd
Ksarme
nervyzombie
Mountain Dew
narutouchiha
ACE KyoUno
Storm
Miatsu
CrawHawk IV
Hiei
jassisngh12
FirzenSK
Zeiin
Crimson
Phoenix
Rhino.Freak
Remilia Scarlet
Smouk
Doctor Mak
Lillzeirell
Akshit
UltimateNinja
42 posters

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

General Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: General Thread

Post by CrawHawk IV June 27th 2014, 12:14 pm

"Portugal is a hopeless team" ~Ronaldo 2K14.

It's all g.
CrawHawk IV
CrawHawk IV

Health Health : 20
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sander June 27th 2014, 1:43 pm

Ksarme wrote:So I'll just comment about how amusing (and slightly irritating) I find Ankit taking a character, ripping off their entire personality, using the most egocentric quote of theirs, and thinking he is cool. Jaime is an oathbreaker and fucks his sister, but still deserves better, c'mon.

lol, I'm not usually one to defend someone, but ripping off their entire personality? He posted a comment just above your own comment saying "hehe, fingers crossed" with a smiley face at the end. A fucking smiley face. Now when was the last time you heard Jaime motherfucking Lannister (sisterfucking?) hehe-ing like a schoolgirl, or talking about soccer for that matter? And are you sure you want to use the word "extreme egocentrism" to describe the act of mimicking someone you like (even though he totally doesn't)?  Are you absolutely sure? I'm not here to be a hero or defend anyone, I just can't stand such assholism. And hah, ironically, the word egocentric would apply to you.
Ksarme wrote:And it's not the first time you're doing something like that, one would think you grow out of such extreme egocentrism.
Sander
Sander
Konoha's Yellow Flash
Konoha's Yellow Flash

Health Health : 29
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme June 27th 2014, 3:41 pm

Sander wrote:
Ksarme wrote:So I'll just comment about how amusing (and slightly irritating) I find Ankit taking a character, ripping off their entire personality, using the most egocentric quote of theirs, and thinking he is cool. Jaime is an oathbreaker and fucks his sister, but still deserves better, c'mon.

lol, I'm not usually one to defend someone, but ripping off their entire personality? He posted a comment just above your own comment saying "hehe, fingers crossed" with a smiley face at the end. A fucking smiley face. Now when was the last time you heard Jaime motherfucking Lannister (sisterfucking?) hehe-ing like a schoolgirl, or talking about soccer for that matter? And are you sure you want to use the word "extreme egocentrism" to describe the act of mimicking someone you like (even though he totally doesn't)?  Are you absolutely sure? I'm not here to be a hero or defend anyone, I just can't stand such assholism. And hah, ironically, the word egocentric would apply to you.
Ksarme wrote:And it's not the first time you're doing something like that, one would think you grow out of such extreme egocentrism.

You don't get it. I'm not talking about what he writes in his messages. Rather how he decided to present Jaime by choosing that exact quote for his signature. How, out of all quotes he could use, he used the one that makes him (I'll let you decide who I am refering to here) look like a selfish asshole.
And Ankit's got history of doing something like this. Taking a character, browsing through their quotes, and instead of using something meaningful going for the most "look at me I'm so awesome" one. This seems like a reprezentation of something.
Though I will admit, I've used the wrong word there. In place of "egocentic", "narcissistic" would be more apropriate.
Ksarme
Ksarme

Health Health : 94
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sander June 27th 2014, 4:58 pm

Ksarme wrote:You don't get it. I'm not talking about what he writes in his messages. Rather how he decided to present Jaime by choosing that exact quote for his signature. How, out of all quotes he could use, he used the one that makes him (I'll let you decide who I am refering to here) look like a selfish asshole.
And Ankit's got history of doing something like this. Taking a character, browsing through their quotes, and instead of using something meaningful going for the most "look at me I'm so awesome" one. This seems like a reprezentation of something.
Though I will admit, I've used the wrong word there. In place of "egocentic", "narcissistic" would be more apropriate.

Umm.. I kind of love you for being cool about it? Though, imo the quote in Ankit's sig is perfect. The line is a mixture of the traits that make up Jaime Lannister. It's cocky and arrogant, which is why it makes him seem like an asshole when read out of context, but if you're familiar with the character you know that the line also shows his shame, loneliness and self-loathing and all that jizz.
Sander
Sander
Konoha's Yellow Flash
Konoha's Yellow Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme June 27th 2014, 6:08 pm

Sander wrote:Though, imo the quote in Ankit's sig is perfect. The line is a mixture of the traits that make up Jaime Lannister. It's cocky and arrogant, which is why it makes him seem like an asshole when read out of context, but if you're familiar with the character you know that the line also shows his shame, loneliness and self-loathing and all that jizz.

Kudos to you, that's a good one.

Considering Ankit's history I've mentioned earlier it seems unlikely to me that he knowingly went for that meaning you mention, but, indeed, after reading through many different quotes just now, I have to actually give it to you that this one really does represent Jaime the best. This, or his talk with Brienne in bath, but that one is admittedly long-ish.
Ksarme
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sander June 27th 2014, 6:36 pm

Welp, another year to wait until the next season of GoT. And the season 4 finale was so cliffhanger-ish too..
Sander
Sander
Konoha's Yellow Flash
Konoha's Yellow Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme June 27th 2014, 6:43 pm

You could read the books. While TV series are very good, books are more than worth reading.
Even if just to see how TV adaptation shifted characters and influenced the story. I have this game with my GF when we've been watching the last season, we counted scenes that are different from the books. Turns out, about 3/4 of them, with about 1/4 being completely made up by TV series screenwriters (like Bran getting captured at Craster's, or Brienne's duel with Sandor).
Ksarme
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sander June 27th 2014, 7:25 pm

I tried to read it from my computer, but it was hard. You know when you're watching/reading something and you get bored so your thoughts take over and a few minutes later you don't remember anything that you just watched/read? That happened. If I happen to find the first book somewhere, I'll definitely buy it though. It'll probably be way better to read from an actual book. Just wondering, how long did it take you to finish the books (or just the first book)?
Sander
Sander
Konoha's Yellow Flash
Konoha's Yellow Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme June 27th 2014, 8:05 pm

I know what you mean, but I usually notice that still on the same page. Razz
It took me about 5 months, reading average 1,5-2 hours a day, to read all of them. Might seem like much, but compared to the Wheel of Time, which took me about 2 years...
Ksarme
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm June 27th 2014, 9:52 pm

It's amazing how fast the topics change here.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sander June 27th 2014, 9:55 pm

Ksarme wrote:I know what you mean, but I usually notice that still on the same page. Razz
It took me about 5 months, reading average 1,5-2 hours a day, to read all of them. Might seem like much, but compared to the Wheel of Time, which took me about 2 years...

Haha, so much respect for having patience with Wheel of Time. Took me about halfateen (1,5) hours to get through the prologue in GoT, so I was kind of intimidated. But the prologue was way better than in the TV series. In the TV series it was just like oh, ok some guys.. it's snowing? Something about dead people and now they're gone? O-oh the guys are dead rip in pieces, but in the book.. God damn. I visualized everything like, through Will's eyes and it's fucking epic. Being on top of the tree, seeing the WW's flying around and that blade shattering with like a touch and all that. And, hah, I know I totally said that I got bored reading it, but once you said 5 months, it kinda got me fired up; doesn't seem that bad.
Sander
Sander
Konoha's Yellow Flash
Konoha's Yellow Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme June 28th 2014, 1:15 am

Hello Storm.

@Sander Due to how movies work, you just won't get the same tension there is in the books. On TV you see a guy scared shitless. That's it. While reading, you become that guy, you hear weird sounds through his ears and see odd shadows moving around with his eyes. You can follow his thoughts and emotions. It takes imagination, but if you have it, reading is way more engaging than watching.
It also shows you how the characters develop, I feel like Daenerys is the most apparent example. In TV series it's like "oh so she's her brother's bitch... now Drogo's bitch... now suddenly she actually becomes Drogo's partner and makes Viserys her bitch... now a passionate leader... and now she's a cold-hearted queen obsessed with freeing people, I don't even", with change happening in between the scenes. In the books the change is gradual (when she humiliates Viserys for the first time she's actually shocked on the inside, and nervous - on the TV she's like "pf, dumb Viserys *expressionless face*"), and more importantly that scared girl is still inside the Targaeryen queen, and you can feel it. She stays the same person.
So yeah, I'd strongly suggest reading the books. As a bonus, you'll be spoiler-free forever when you finish!
That is until the next book comes, in about 10 years or so, knowing Martin.
Ksarme
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by CrawHawk IV June 28th 2014, 2:00 am

Storm wrote:It's amazing how fast the topics change here.

At one post egocentric narcissistic and next post game of thrones, I looked over the page 3 times to triple check if my ipad went crazy or something. And for the count who is Jamie Lanister?

Game of thrones, how it grew so quickly, still not changing my mind....definitely NOT watching or reading, I really don't want to jump the GoT hype train.
CrawHawk IV
CrawHawk IV

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme June 28th 2014, 3:06 am

CrawHawk IV wrote:
Storm wrote:It's amazing how fast the topics change here.

At one post egocentric narcissistic and next post game of thrones, I looked over the page 3 times to triple check if my ipad went crazy or something. And for the count who is Jamie Lanister?

Game of thrones, how it grew so quickly, still not changing my mind....definitely NOT watching or reading, I really don't want to jump the GoT hype train.

*shrug* We've ended our discussion, so we naturally shifted to another topic. Kind of how conversations work.

And just do it, it's worth it.
Ksarme
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiei June 28th 2014, 8:02 am

The Round of 16 begins today. Eagerly looking forward for the matches.
@Axer, be ready to face consequences of your actions against my country member Narutouchia.
Personally I ignored all your messages cause I don't have time for wotthless arguments however you banning him for calling you a little man is something that I am not going to ignore.
Hiei
Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Health Health : 445
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by CrawHawk IV June 28th 2014, 10:01 am

[V]ergil wrote:@Axer, be ready to face consequences of your actions against my country member Narutouchia.Personally I ignored all your messages cause I don't have time for wotthless arguments however you banning him for calling you a little man is something that I am not going to ignore.

LOL Axer.

I feel so sorry for Ronaldo through, lets make a dream team post your 11 players you want in your team (despite their positions) (just make sure the goallie is a proper goallie).
CrawHawk IV
CrawHawk IV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sander June 28th 2014, 10:10 am

CrawHawk IV wrote:

Haha, I mean if you've seen a couple of episodes or read a bit of the books and you don't like it, that's fine.. but don't say you won't watch something just because it's popular. It's popular for a reason, dawgmate.
Sander
Sander
Konoha's Yellow Flash
Konoha's Yellow Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by CrawHawk IV June 28th 2014, 10:36 am

I watched the first episode until the guy's head gets cutoff and I have heard about it from friends too many times.
CrawHawk IV
CrawHawk IV

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme June 28th 2014, 10:58 am

Feel the wrath of ankit. I quiver with fear.
Nah kidding. 10/10 would ban him again should he give me another reason to.

That's exactly why users that give zero fucks shouldn't have mod powers. One would think the lesson would be learned after Bgnin.
Although I was in every right to warn that guy. Since warn is 1/3 of a week ban, I figured out it translates quite fairly to a one day ban, to achieve instantaneous results. And look how respectful narutouchiha (whom name I can actually spell correctly, unlike his country leader) is now.

Also, if you have time to talk about football on Naruto forums, you clearly have time to take part in a discussion, or at least acknowledge it. You're just either too lazy or too dumb to defend yourself. Good for you you have a guy like Sander on your side. If Wind was still active, I'd totally try to get him to join us.

@CrawHawk: You mean season...? Unless by "the guy" you mean Night's Watch deserter, but in that case you've seen nothing at all yet.
Ksarme
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sander June 28th 2014, 11:16 am

CrawHawk IV wrote:I watched the first episode until the guy's head gets cutoff and I have heard about it from friends too many times.

Like Big A (Axer) said, you haven't seen anything yet. I can't really judge you, though. I'm the same way with series; if I don't like the first episode, I stop watching. BUT! I really do suggest you watch a few more episodes, you'll be glad you did. Then again, I personally liked it from the first episode so.. ya know.
Sander
Sander
Konoha's Yellow Flash
Konoha's Yellow Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by CrawHawk IV June 28th 2014, 11:50 am

@Axer: Yes the very first guy to get killed while that little kid watches.

@Sander: I indeed have all the seasons on my computer but I just never get the urge to watch it like I watched Agents of Shield (don't judge Razz), I am simply in love with Marvel.
CrawHawk IV
CrawHawk IV

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm June 28th 2014, 12:17 pm

Sup Axer.

About futbol, I'm hoping USA does well against Belgium on Tuesday and leaves the knockout rounds. With Altidore out due to the hamstring, it seems like the only players doing anything on the team are Dempsey and Beasley.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiin June 28th 2014, 12:21 pm

Well it does take one post for the topic to change, but on a more serious note.

Ankit: the way narutouchiha handled things were quite "unacceptable" and besides the rule does state, "No flaming other users (flaming moderators and administrators will result in a 3 months ban)." And he did know he was Kazekage so he can't state that "he didn't know". But the way Axer was talking to you, you can't really say it was "flaming" it was more of a friendly criticism, for example the way Axer and Sandos talked was way different than narutouchiha and more acceptable, once you lose your cool then it is considered flaming.

On a more positive note; Hey guys. ^^
Zeiin
Zeiin

Health Health : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ksarme June 28th 2014, 1:48 pm

Nah.
I only said it was friendly, hoping to throw Sander off. In fact it was slightly on the offensive side. Not openly, though, and open aggression from narutouchiha was a bit uncalled for.
Also I did bend the rules of modding. Whether or not that was overstepping my bounds, and by how much, only Storm (or any other admin, should one show up) can determine.

That aside:
@CrawHawk: You've seen nothing at all. D:
You really should watch more before you judge. Or better, read the books.
@Storm: Nothing much, semester's over so I came over to chat with some people I didn't see in a while. Nice to see there are still some changes done to the forum.
@Wiza: You gave me an idea though.
Ksarme
Ksarme

Back to top Go down

Post by DoM!n June 28th 2014, 1:51 pm

I wonder who is the crybaby that took away my mod powers.
DoM!n
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Health Health : 261
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next