The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Download] The Creator character (Beta)

5 posters

Go down

[Download] The Creator character (Beta) Empty [Download] The Creator character (Beta)

Post by The Creator July 17th 2015, 1:32 pm

Since no one really posts here, I decided I'll do the honors. XD
I meant to post this character last week, but somehow didn't have the time to do so.

I'll keep him simple:
- Meant for the Original LF2 game. 1.9/2.0
- He has moves based off the original characters. So no fancy NTSD-hocus pocus.
- My involvement of myself is as minimum as it can get. Back then, when this character was released in 2007, my skills in spriting and coding was very lacking.
- He is not 100% finished. There are still some bugs present spriting- and coding wise.
- He is still in-development by me. He will feature new moves and quite possibly may receive a sprite revamp.
>>>>> https://www.sendspace.com/file/xg22xj <<<<<
[Download] The Creator character (Beta) Demo10
Credits to DX7 for coding, DarkZorro for spriting and Matt for the face.

Moves:
D>A (A + A...) - Energy Blast (10 mp). This is just like Davis's attack in which he shoots many energy blasts.

D^A - Chasing Blasts (20 mp). This is just like Dennis's attack in which he shoots a blast that follows the enemy around for a bit.

D>J - Sonic Run (0 mp). This is not an attack. It's just a skill so that Creator can make a really fast run.
While in Sonic run, you can shift your speed beetwen 2 levels,
the first is the Sonic Run and the second is the Ultra Sonic Run. To shift between the 2 levels just press j.
To stop running press D. then u'll go to crouch mode.
If you press D, u'll go to the standing frames, and if u press j, you'll go to the Sonic Run frames again.

D^J - Eye Laser (25 mp). This is just like Bat's attack in which he shoots a laser beam out of his eyes.

Other than the "Sonic Run" move, I am pretty self-explanatory. Rolling Eyes

To use this char, put all of the files inside a folder called "creator" in the sprite folder.
This char uses sounds as well but all the sounds needed are in the original LF2 folder.

Then, all you have to do is paste these lines in the data.txt

id: 800  type: 0  file: sprite\creator\Creator.dat
id: 801  type: 3  file: sprite\creator\Creator_ball.dat
id: 802  type: 3  file: sprite\creator\Creator_chase.dat
id: 803  type: 3  file: sprite\creator\Creator_beam.dat

Remember anything Bash? :3
The Creator
The Creator

Health Health : 50
Registration date : 2009-05-19

http://dominekkas.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

[Download] The Creator character (Beta) Empty Re: [Download] The Creator character (Beta)

Post by T.O.R.N.A.D.O July 17th 2015, 1:41 pm

Good job on the character! +1
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
T.O.R.N.A.D.O

Health Health : 42
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

[Download] The Creator character (Beta) Empty Re: [Download] The Creator character (Beta)

Post by The Creator July 17th 2015, 1:42 pm

Thanks for the 1+, even though I didn't do jack for the development of myself. lol

All I did was make myself 2.0 compatible...-ish.
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiei July 17th 2015, 1:51 pm

Damn u man join the team already. Razz
Hiei
Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Health Health : 445
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak July 17th 2015, 1:55 pm

Sprites look good! Very Happy
I can see bat's laser, davis' ki shots and dennis' big ball equivalent! Razz
I'll try to test it out soon.. as for me, if characters can combo well, thE character is awesome! Very Happy

Suggestion: if you have time, create an AI too! Very Happy
I might release the Might Guy I made for ntsd long ago..
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 80
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator July 17th 2015, 2:18 pm

Unfortunately, the character is more of a support, long range character than a full-blown fighter. So don't expect any combos BUT IF you could manage to invent some, please Do show! XD

-There will be AI.
-I have already created a list of the new move-set in mind and all that. There will be new moves where you can link them together.
-I will upgrade his melee capabilities, as its rather poor at the moment. He will have this sort of button combination system like in NTSD II. You will be able to chain many moves together.
-He will feature a sprite revamp, as its rather outdated-looking now compared to the stuff going on at LFE.

Basically, this is just the base I will work on. Got ways to go. XD
At the moment, myself is a bigger priority than NTSD. I'll see how things go with both.
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by FeniX112 July 17th 2015, 2:50 pm

Often colors on edges from original sprites are visible, also palette isnt good looking. Hood's shape seems strange. Besides I like the character, nice to play.

FeniX112

Health Health : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak July 17th 2015, 3:47 pm

I like the nice little running thing, really fun move to evade. Make it so that you can change directions while running.
I dislike the "we're-on-mooooon" jump Razz but yeah a very cool character for a first one (if it is Razz)
Very Happy
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator July 17th 2015, 5:47 pm

Oh shit.. Might have uploaded the "debug character for a stage".
My bad. Just use DC and edit the jump values. Razz
I'd say more of a second than first. But this was way back in 2007, remember. Just felt like uploading it 8 years later. XD

It's all beta.
Meanwhile, out of boredom, I fiddled around with MS Paint and Photofiltre to create a concept for a new design.
[Download] The Creator character (Beta) Concep10 Nothing special. Just experimenting.
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak July 17th 2015, 6:02 pm

Nice! New one definitely looks cool. #swag
I'd wait for a revamp of the whole Smile
Why don't you give him a personality? That'll help determining what kind of moves he would have.
like say he's an old fight club member (looks like one) so give him some badass physical moves etc.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Creator July 17th 2015, 6:19 pm

Since he is based off of me, he is a speed-type of character. So He would have many quick shot and teleport attacks. Thinking about whether I should keep the Davis-Dennis-Bat moves though. Might make an 'original version'. XD
As I mentioned, he will have a new melee combat system to make him more useful in physical combats. lol
He'll be more "modern", more "mature". ^u^
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by FeniX112 July 18th 2015, 2:19 am

I think his left leg is way too forward. Also I found this pose to be unnatural since he doesnt show not even single trace of palms. I really appreciate muscles and shoes - these are almost perfect. I would like to see better linking between the hood and t-shirt, but this is not about painting but only concept.

FeniX112

Health Health : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down