The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA: (Mix Martial Art) Kimbo Slice vs James Thompson EliteXC

2 posters

Go down

MMA: (Mix Martial Art) Kimbo Slice vs James Thompson EliteXC Empty MMA: (Mix Martial Art) Kimbo Slice vs James Thompson EliteXC

Post by Sidoain July 12th 2010, 7:33 pm

I dont know yet if you guys are UFC or MMA fan, but i am curious to see how you like that sport. So i present you a recent fight between Kimbo Slice vs James Thompson. At the end of the video, James ear get pop and bleed. Thats how he lost to Kimbo slice the street fighter.
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh4gVJ3A3VqmVTkxD0
Sidoain
Sidoain

Health Health : -1
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

MMA: (Mix Martial Art) Kimbo Slice vs James Thompson EliteXC Empty Re: MMA: (Mix Martial Art) Kimbo Slice vs James Thompson EliteXC

Post by Triv July 12th 2010, 7:37 pm

Not the best MMA fight i've seen but still half decent
Triv
Triv

Health Health : 56
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

MMA: (Mix Martial Art) Kimbo Slice vs James Thompson EliteXC Empty Re: MMA: (Mix Martial Art) Kimbo Slice vs James Thompson EliteXC

Post by Sidoain July 12th 2010, 7:45 pm

Lunar wrote:Not the best MMA fight i've seen but still half decent

Kimbo slike just started MMA not long ago. He is from UFC so he got a lot more to learn on fighting on the ground and he will be set. His main problem are his legs. Balance problem maybe. A small kick can make him drop on the ground, but you don't want to fight him toe to toe.
Sidoain
Sidoain

Back to top Go down

Post by Triv July 12th 2010, 7:53 pm

Hes top heavy so yeah, balance would be an issue
But once he starts swinging he leaves himself wide open to counters
If his trainer focused more on his kicking and kneeing rather than his striking then he could be a top contender in the future

And UFC is more of a brand now, but the program itself isn't the only MMA one out there
Most of the time "Stikeforce" is better that UFC. Most of the fighters are amatures that think they have something to prove and the fights can get quite brutal.
Great fun to watch, I recommend you check it out

Gunna go watch my mates first MMA fight later this week. Saturday I think, so that should fun Razz
Triv
Triv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidoain July 12th 2010, 9:54 pm

Lunar wrote:Hes top heavy so yeah, balance would be an issue
But once he starts swinging he leaves himself wide open to counters
If his trainer focused more on his kicking and kneeing rather than his striking then he could be a top contender in the future

Heavy weight fighters dont really need to use kick, but knee's are a must. In fact, kicking make you lose so much more stamina then kneeing or punching.
Sidoain
Sidoain

Back to top Go down

Post by Triv July 12th 2010, 10:14 pm

It may tire him out during the fight a bit more, but it could also win him the fight

Have you seen mariusz pudzianowski's mma fights?
Worlds strongest man, uses alot of lower leg kicks to the same spot to tire out his opponent, then dives in with the strikes
Watch his debut, you should see what I mean
Triv
Triv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidoain July 13th 2010, 8:14 am

Lunar wrote:It may tire him out during the fight a bit more, but it could also win him the fight

Have you seen mariusz pudzianowski's mma fights?
Worlds strongest man, uses alot of lower leg kicks to the same spot to tire out his opponent, then dives in with the strikes
Watch his debut, you should see what I mean

No, but il keep him in mind. Low kicks are great and a must because low kicks dont really waste stamina. High kick or other type of cool kick are not really a must in a fight and make you waste way too much stamina, so you only do them occasionally to be a lil more unpredictable. A reason Taekwondo will never survive on MMA. Specially because of the fact that most fighters are grapplers using jujitsu
Sidoain
Sidoain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down