The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Friday Shopping

5 posters

Go down

Black Friday Shopping Empty Black Friday Shopping

Post by Storm November 26th 2010, 10:32 am

For those of you who don't know what it is, it occurs every year and is the day after Thanksgiving and is called Black Friday because deals at major retail stores are on sale with prices slashed to half off the original price or more, which has millions of people scrambling to the stores to buy items, some leaving the stores disappointed or otherwise.

To sum it up, give your thoughts on whether or not this day of the year is worth spending your money for or what you think about it overall.

And please, no half-ass one-liners. Put some thought into it.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Black Friday Shopping Empty Re: Black Friday Shopping

Post by Tfwtolly November 26th 2010, 11:03 am

We don't have it in Australia, but it just sounds stupid to me. A day where everything is cheap and people like trample each other to get cheap gifts, also if you go out and you don't get what you were looking for cause it has all already been bought makes it even more pointless for consumers. Just sounds liek a way for big companies to make even more money.

Tfwtolly

Health Health : -3
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarnicone November 26th 2010, 11:38 am

Not here... But there are usually huge discount days like 30% or something.

But since I usually get things only when I want to, I guess I actually won't care.
Sarnicone
Sarnicone

Health Health : 101
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shinobi #173 November 27th 2010, 6:01 am

neither here is, but i agree whit Tfwtolly, i mean isn't it a big loss to the men with the stores, are they really obligated to comply with that? , what if they don't want to low their prices Suspect
The Shinobi #173
The Shinobi #173

Health Health : 0
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm November 27th 2010, 7:32 am

The Shinobi #173 wrote:neither here is, but i agree whit Tfwtolly, i mean isn't it a big loss to the men with the stores, are they really obligated to comply with that? , what if they don't want to low their prices Suspect
They don't have a choice. All stores lower their prices on Black Friday. It isn't company policy to do so or anything. It's to help attract more customers.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoi November 27th 2010, 7:41 am

I don't agree at all with what you guys are saying the whole of Black Friday is for stores to get rid of as much inventory as possible, so they can have enough room for items which would be sold on Christmas. Hence the reason they sell items in the store for low prices to try to get rid of old goods while still being profitable. Also most stores aren't barbaric at all people come first buy things and leave. I went to a store bought a 0.50$ mp3 player, a PlayStation 3 controller for about 10 bucks, and this awesome flat plasma screen T.V for 123$ and much much more. The truth is Black Friday is a win win for both company and customer; customer gets low price on items, Company gets rid of old inventory so they will have room for new inventory which would be sold on the Christmas holiday. And for all the people who say Black Friday has a bunch of people fighting for things well I think the term 'the early bird gets the worm' helps resolve this issue. Also I went to Pets Super Market and they gave me the offer of pay 29.99 and get as much Siamese fighting fish as you can carry all to help reduce the inventory of fish so they can have room in there tanks for the new fish they would be selling

Aoi

Health Health : 21
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down