The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revival

+10
Eredale
Reke
XavierEvera
Iamboaaard
Triv
killzone
Little Jiraiya
Storm
Phoenix
emiya2424
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Revival Empty Revival

Post by emiya2424 October 9th 2011, 4:50 am

So since Ntsd has been Revived i think we need to revive the forum as well......First off we need new mods for the Country section....Some mods are inactive (i would like to volunteer)

Next is the GFX section we need to Revive it too....unless no one wants to do SOTW or SKOTW anymore...

emiya2424
emiya2424
Chunnin of the Leaf
Chunnin of the Leaf

Health Health : 9
Registration date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Revival Empty Re: Revival

Post by Phoenix October 9th 2011, 5:19 am

We have a GFX section?
Phoenix
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm October 9th 2011, 7:07 am

emiya2424 wrote:So since Ntsd has been Revived i think we need to revive the forum as well......First off we need new mods for the Country section....Some mods are inactive (i would like to volunteer)

Next is the GFX section we need to Revive it too....unless no one wants to do SOTW or SKOTW anymore...

Everyone has either left the forum for one reason or another (possibly due to school), or have left the forum altogether because no longer care about this place. Everyone has their own reasons for staying or leaving after all.

As for the forum being revived, do you got a plan in mind and is the said plan that you thought up worth doing? If so, please, share it with the rest of us here. Make sure it's a good plan that you came up with and not something stupid that has already been done before.

As for you volunteering to be a mod, no one will trust a guy with only 4 posts.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by emiya2424 October 9th 2011, 8:21 am

actually i had account before....just got Deactivated...

People are leaving because they sense this forum is Dead or dull or Close to being dead
So if we liven things up like what i said reviving SOTW or SKOTW...we might get more people

Or maybe we can make a new activity section that people will like.....
Of course i can`t do this alone i need all your help that's why i posted this
emiya2424
emiya2424
Chunnin of the Leaf
Chunnin of the Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 9th 2011, 12:07 pm

Justin Bieber wrote:We have a GFX section?

Maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Jiraiya October 9th 2011, 12:12 pm

yea....
why not?
Little Jiraiya
Little Jiraiya

Health Health : 463
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ãîñòü October 9th 2011, 12:15 pm

Soon, I'll make a topic 'bout the new changes of the forum Razz
I hope Z will not give up to do my suggestions after the release of the demo #2

Ãîñòü

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm October 9th 2011, 1:14 pm

The thing with new changes is that there will always be someone opposes them in some form of fashion. Not saying this is a bad thing at all, but if you or anyone else is coming up with something that might work, make it worth doing and not something that only works for a little while and then gets trashed. We need long-term changes that benefit the entire forum, not half-ass suggestions that only work for like a week.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by killzone October 9th 2011, 1:41 pm

Yes so... this revival things sounds good but it needs to be effective and good.. If the change is not as good as everyone exept then it's useless.. Very Happy
Btw we could make a banner maker ropics or what was that in the past.. That was a great idea everyone thinked that he/she can make something useful for the forum and the team and most peaople was active and worked on it .. And of course he forum had alot of cool banners becose of that Very Happy
(I hope everyone can understand what i wanted to say xP )
killzone
killzone

Health Health : 1
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by emiya2424 October 9th 2011, 3:16 pm

killzone wrote:Yes so... this revival things sounds good but it needs to be effective and good.. If the change is not as good as everyone exept then it's useless.. Very Happy
Btw we could make a banner maker ropics or what was that in the past.. That was a great idea everyone thinked that he/she can make something useful for the forum and the team and most peaople was active and worked on it .. And of course he forum had alot of cool banners becose of that Very Happy
(I hope everyone can understand what i wanted to say xP )

Maybe we can make SOTW even more better for example the winner of SOTW gets his banner Displayed at The forum (or change that Banner up there ^)
emiya2424
emiya2424
Chunnin of the Leaf
Chunnin of the Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix October 9th 2011, 3:56 pm

Why are you talking about reviving a section no one uses when even the main parts of the forum are failing..? I've been here since the start of the forum and even at the pinnacle the entire layout has been boring, it only changes when a bored mod makes a new banner. So I suggest changing the entire look of the forum, something brighter and new so that people will wonder if there is any progress, and they will see the progress that Smouk is making if they look.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by emiya2424 October 9th 2011, 4:14 pm

well with all these suggestion the mods should know what to do...since im not a mod i can`t really make any permanent changes...
emiya2424
emiya2424
Chunnin of the Leaf
Chunnin of the Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ãîñòü October 9th 2011, 4:25 pm

@Storm
Sure, it not will be something global.
Only:
-New kages/leaders
-New moderators
-New banner...

Ãîñòü

Back to top Go down

Post by Triv October 9th 2011, 8:09 pm

We don't really need new kages or mods, but I do agree that we need a brighter layout
Triv
Triv

Health Health : 56
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamboaaard October 9th 2011, 8:55 pm

Lunar wrote:We don't really need new kages or mods
says the kazekage xD
Iamboaaard
Iamboaaard

Health Health : 0
Registration date : 2011-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm October 9th 2011, 9:10 pm

Smouk wrote:@Storm
Only:
-New kages/leaders
-New moderators
-New banner...
The kages won't be changed and neither will the moderators. Changing them out won't for new people make a difference nor will giving power to those who don't deserve them at all. I won't name names, but I can rule out half of the people here who wouldn't know how to use moderation powers wisely.

As for the layout here, I don't mind it, but having a new one or two aren't such bad ideas at all. The only thing is that simply making it brighter and that's it isn't much of an improvement although it's a nice start. If anything, there should be something on the sides of the forum as well to give the place some much needed oomph so it doesn't look as bland.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XavierEvera October 9th 2011, 9:17 pm

erm... i think only benner need to be changed... maybe the... "power" has been given to you but that doesnt mean that you must turn da forum up and down and vice-versa.

With power comes respobility

think about it
XavierEvera
XavierEvera

Registration date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ãîñòü October 9th 2011, 9:23 pm

Storm wrote:
Only:
-New kages/leaders
-New moderators
-New banner...
The kages won't be changed and neither will the moderators. Changing them out won't for new people make a difference nor will giving power to those who don't deserve them at all. I won't name names, but I can rule out half of the people here who wouldn't know how to use moderation powers wisely.

Forum needs in active mods/kages. What's the point in inactive mods/kages? I don't want that old active mods were removed from mods/kages-power, but I want to replace the old and inactive mods/kages, for new, experienced and more active people

Ãîñòü

Back to top Go down

Post by XavierEvera October 9th 2011, 9:38 pm

well... we're lack of active AND experience members for now... lets wait for message of resurection of ntsdii so more popular...
XavierEvera
XavierEvera

Registration date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Reke October 9th 2011, 11:03 pm

cant see the "nuke it from orbit!1" option.
Reke
Reke

Health Health : 185
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale October 9th 2011, 11:29 pm

Layout changes? Noooooooooooo

Wait... a BRGHTER layout? WTFOMGNEVERRR

But a banner change would fit, honestly.

Also, new kages/mods, why? Whom are they gonna moderate? If we're going to have new mods, we need more people first... with the amount we have now, the low amount of moderators is just enough

It's the basic management principle, there shouldn't be too many managers per worker, else it's absolutely inefficient
Eredale
Eredale

Health Health : 156
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm October 9th 2011, 11:30 pm

Smouk wrote:
Storm wrote:
Only:
-New kages/leaders
-New moderators
-New banner...

Forum needs in active mods/kages. What's the point in inactive mods/kages? I don't want that old active mods were removed from mods/kages-power, but I want to replace the old and inactive mods/kages, for new, experienced and more active people
Like I said, not many people here actually fit the bill for being considered for a moderator position. I'm a mod here, but I can't speak for the others who are absent. They have lives to lead after all as do I. Give me a few people who sound like they could be a good candidate and we will go from there. Oh, and don't say "we should make such and such a mod because he has a high post count" because that's not convincing.

Like Xavier said, "with great power comes great responsibility" and from the looks of things, a good majority here don't sound very responsible so that's one plausible reason why they shouldn't get any powers here.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ãîñòü October 9th 2011, 11:39 pm

'kayz (here's new and old candidates):
LJ
Eredale
XavierEvera
Wiza
Me Razz
You
Lunar
AceKyoUno
Yush
Axer

Ãîñòü

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm October 9th 2011, 11:56 pm

Anyway, let's do one thing at a time and not get ahead of ourselves.

Your priority right now Smouk is to get good team members. As a suggestion, formulate a questionnaire or something similar to an application requesting that the person provides their experience and any other projects they have worked on in the past as well as them providing any other work. That should help weed out the people who only want to join the team just to boost their status on the forum and those who will actually be helpful team members to you and stick to the team in the long haul.

If you can find some people out and get together an application for them with some general questions and for them to provide some of their work in the application, then it should be fine. You're going to want people who can talk the talk and walk the walk after all.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix October 10th 2011, 12:08 am

This idea for new mods isn't going to work. Frankly there isn't anybody worthy because to be a mod you need a blend of experience (time here), activeness, and trust worthiness. There are no people here at the moment who match all three of those requirements that aren't already mods. So Smouk, focus on your part which is making the game and leave the forum management to those who know what's good for it, with all due respect.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next