The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMORPG NTSD?0_0

+9
Sage kyuubi
N.D
sll1cool1m
Arashi
Storm
Volmort
Nave I
Hudahel
Experiment-03
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MMORPG NTSD?0_0 - Page 2 Empty Re: MMORPG NTSD?0_0

Post by waddups October 15th 2009, 3:43 pm

no i mean if a developer like blizzard bought the license from naruto i know you can't make money off of a licensed thing without paying
waddups
waddups

Health Health : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Enkil October 15th 2009, 3:46 pm

waddups wrote:no i mean if a developer like blizzard bought the license from naruto i know you can't make money off of a licensed thing without paying

I'm pretty sure they're actually thinking about it. There's that Korean-based DBZ MMO coming out after all. If that's a success, I'm sure there'll be a lot more MMO's of your favorite Anime and Manga out there.
Enkil
Enkil

Health Health : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by waddups October 15th 2009, 3:51 pm

well blizzard is the top mmo maker in the world period. since world of warcraft is goin to have at least 5 expansions. they also made top calibur games like starcraft and others as well
waddups
waddups

Back to top Go down

Post by Aessari October 15th 2009, 3:54 pm

Well I think somewhere someone is having strong thinking time about stuff like this (in big companys). They will do it...I hope, cause to make something like this they need to have a generaly good target group wich for sure would play it so then they can make it, have sure incomes and theny attract other players.
They would really put alot into gamplay, jutsu working system, battle system and engine, models.
Aessari
Aessari

Health Health : -7
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Enkil October 15th 2009, 3:57 pm

waddups wrote:well blizzard is the top mmo maker in the world period. since world of warcraft is goin to have at least 5 expansions. they also made top calibur games like starcraft and others as well

But I doubt they'll ever go for an anime based MMO.
Enkil
Enkil

Back to top Go down

Post by waddups October 15th 2009, 4:04 pm

true and it'll take awile cause their busy with starcraft 2 and WoW
waddups
waddups

Back to top Go down

Post by Enkil October 15th 2009, 4:07 pm

Aessari wrote:Well I think somewhere someone is having strong thinking time about stuff like this (in big companys). They will do it...I hope, cause to make something like this they need to have a generaly good target group wich for sure would play it so then they can make it, have sure incomes and theny attract other players.
They would really put alot into gamplay, jutsu working system, battle system and engine, models.

Actually, about the hardest thing you listed is the models part. Any MMO game engine has a magic system and a battle system implemented already. Just Change the name of magic to "Jutsu" or "Ninja Arts" or something.
Enkil
Enkil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aessari October 15th 2009, 7:35 pm

http://www.moddb.com/mods/naruto-naiteki-kensei - looks damn sweet. Gotta get it now!
Maybe not MMOrpg and maybe not NTSD, but well! MMORPG NTSD?0_0 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Yea but they wont take WoW engine to Naruto mmorop, cause it wouldnt have the atmosphere.
It needs to be orginal.

Actualy just now I saw that video on that site, and omgwtf im so gonna own my bro!
AAAAAAAAAw! Very Happy

MMORPG NTSD?0_0 - Page 2 550349
Aessari
Aessari

Health Health : -7
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm October 15th 2009, 10:15 pm

Enkil wrote:
Nave I wrote:-.-'
ever thought about how pain in the ass that would to code...
smthing like that definately would take up 3 years until the first demo release

If you coded it from scratch, yes. It would suck deeply. But it would be really fun. If ever you strive for greatness, a Naruto-Based MMORPG is the way to go.

Zazz wrote:Seriously though, a Naruto mmorpg? Sorry, but that is just retarded...

The ridiculous majority of Naruto fans would disagree. It would really all depend on the engine used though. Coding and Spriting and all that would take quite a bit of time. Time I'm sure the staffers don't really have as of right now.
Of course the fans would disagree. That's why they're labeled Naruto fans for a reason. They don't care what's being used so long as the entire cast from the anime is being used in a game. Maybe the engine would make some difference, but otherwise, the fans could care less, just as long as it has Naruto, Sasuke and everyone else from the series. When dealing with Blizzard, I doubt they would want to try for a Naruto MMO unless they had a very good reason behind it. World of Warcraft and Starcraft 1 and 2 are already their biggest money-makers and they just keep on expanding it and adding new things to it.

If the idea was solid, maybe they could try to make a Naruto MMO, but at this time, they won't try it.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2