The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favorite MMORPG

+12
VASH_k
Sidoain
Bizzy Bone
IHATENAVE
DoM!n
Tfwtolly
Storm
Triv
ledreff
Crimson
ACE KyoUno
Kawazoe Taiki
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your Favorite MMORPG Empty Your Favorite MMORPG

Post by Kawazoe Taiki July 7th 2010, 7:37 am

Yep, name them...and give a reason why you enjoy playing them.

My #1:SWG: Star War Galaxies Pre-cu. Honestly the greatest mmorpg of all time in my opinion...but then Sony had to f*ck it all up with the Combat Upgrades and the unnecesary "Enhancements". Anyways, I loved it because it was a game with an awesome community and wasn't all PvP and combat like most mmorpg's where to get anywhere you have to grind and camp for combat skills like mad.

In this, you could make a living AND have plenty of fun just as a casual entertainer earning tips playing music for people or dancing to buff them up, or you could be a crafter (This game has one of the best crafting systems as well) and make money making things for people such as ships, armor weapons or just pretty clothing Razz Pre-cu was awesome in a sense that not every other person was a fucking jedi (Like in the newer version of the game)and on top of it, you weren't boxed in with your chosen class...you could multi class fairly easily and in some cases even find yourself a hidden hybrid class (Like having certain skills in Brawler as well as Pistol shooting and master artisan made you able to become a smuggler and earn even more skills).

PvP was tons of fun still though, where when you were strong enough you could join the Imprerials or the Rebels and wage war side by side with your fellows, and even attack them at random if you met one in a Cantina one day. Over all the greatest experience I've ever had playing online games.

#2: Runescape: Now...most people say "LAWLZ TEH RUNESCAPE NOOBS" when I say this but...it truly is a very addicting and fun game. I've had membership on and off and played on and off as well for over 7 years and something about it always draws me back. They are constantly upgrading and changing, and although I believe Classic Runescape right before the major update was it's prime it's still a very fun mmorpg with a constantly growing community and economy.

There is ALWAYS something to do, which is why it hooks me time and time again. Sometimes I'd just walk around for hours and still have fun XD So many random items just for fun and clothes that have no perpous other than to look good. Tons of skills for every kind of player, or if your just someone who gets bored easily...Tons of skills so you can switch from one to another easily. (Although you won't make a lot of money very fast that way Razz)

I recommend both of these to people, and although the first no longer exists, there are groups working on private servers to bring back those good old days (Although you still have to go buy a legal box copy of the game to play on them but no monthly fee)
Kawazoe Taiki
Kawazoe Taiki
Wielder of Nuibari

Health Health : 18
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite MMORPG Empty Re: Your Favorite MMORPG

Post by ACE KyoUno July 7th 2010, 12:10 pm

None, I think. I played a little time some russian online games but as for me online games are not worth to play.
ACE KyoUno
ACE KyoUno
Tsuchikage [Len Kagamine]
Tsuchikage [Len Kagamine]

Health Health : 407
Registration date : 2008-08-30

https://www.youtube.com/user/Numbuh243by216

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson July 7th 2010, 3:32 pm

I havent played many MMORPGs but I have a few favs:

1. Runescape. Yeah, I know what ppl say bout it (like KT said) but back in the days, when it was RS1 and I was younger (like 8 years ago) it was a great game... graphics didnt look that good but it had something of a soul. And there werent that many ppl. I loved it for its diversity in skills and the thingsa you could do. I loved the times Id go PKing into the wildy in monks robes and with a R2H and Id own newbs and such.

I wouldnt recommend RS now, coz its overloaded with ppl. Just to much for me. If you can take that and want a free game (the free one is pretty decent, but when u pay its a lot better) then I suggest why not give it a try.

2. World Of Warcraft.
Meh, simply too epic to describe. Its horrible addictive and will suck you into their very very very interactive world for hundreds of hours. It costs, the subscription, but its definitely worth it. Just dont lose your life at the same time (unlike some). The world is gigantic, there loads of ppl, cool skills and quests, a fun guild system.... damn, theres simply too much good stuff.
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Health Health : 51
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ledreff July 7th 2010, 4:16 pm

Fly For FUn
ok this is fly for fun also known as FLYFF you can choose from a mage assist mercenary and acrobat the pvp is awsome if u dnt like it i reccomend the private servers

runescape and maplestory i go back and forth there to addicting to quit

ledreff
ledreff

Health Health : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kawazoe Taiki July 8th 2010, 12:06 am

Flyff was okay but I couldn't get hooked, WoW, no offence...but I played it for about a week and then sat staring and wondering "Why?" for the longest time. It's the most repetitive game I've ever played.

Maplestory is alright, but focused ONLY on combat which gets boring after you kill your millionth monster.
Kawazoe Taiki
Kawazoe Taiki
Wielder of Nuibari

Back to top Go down

Post by Triv July 8th 2010, 12:16 am

Was hooked on maplestory and WoW for a little while
Conquer online and trickster online were quite good aswell

Haven't tried flyff yet
Triv
Triv

Health Health : 56
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm July 8th 2010, 4:34 am

I'm pretty much on Maplestory most of the time and used to play KartRider from Nexon(pretty sure it's not coming back). It's not the best game in the world, but it's worth a shot and easy to get into.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tfwtolly July 8th 2010, 5:16 am

Maplestory, WoW and Conquer.

Maplestory I find it very fun, I can't really give a reason, it's just.... fun.
I would still play it but I can't remember my account name. Might start up again somewhere in the near future.

WoW What happens with me with WoW I will be hooked on it for like 1 1/2months then I get really bored so I have a break for a month then I'm back on Smile.

Conquer now I used to play Conquer and it was THE BOMB. I would play at an internet cafe with friends and that added to the experience so much more. It's kinda easy though cause all you gotta do to get rich and level is powerlevel.

Runescape I guess I could give it a shout out even though I pretty much hate it now days. It got old for me I guess. The graphics suck and my parents would never buy me membership. A very good introduction if your new to gaming. The whole tutorial Island thing helps.

Adventure Quest Is also I good intro to the World of gaming. It's very simple which is good if your new to gaming. Once you find better games it gets old FAST.

Well thats my 2 cents hope someone cares lol . Your Favorite MMORPG Icon_razz

Tfwtolly

Health Health : -3
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kawazoe Taiki July 8th 2010, 8:06 am

You play WoW but you say your parents won't buy you membership for Runescape...hmm WoW=25$?
Runescape=5$?

Anyways, graphics don't make a game Razz And compared to newer mmorpg's WoW graphics can be considered crap as well.
Kawazoe Taiki
Kawazoe Taiki
Wielder of Nuibari

Back to top Go down

Post by DoM!n July 8th 2010, 10:32 am

Well other MMORPG's focus on such L2 graphic style wich is good,but I prefer Warcraft styled graphs :]
DoM!n
DoM!n
Mizukage
Mizukage

Health Health : 261
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tfwtolly July 8th 2010, 1:20 pm

Kawazoe Taiki wrote:You play WoW but you say your parents won't buy you membership for Runescape...hmm WoW=25$?
Runescape=5$?

My bro plays WoW heaps he has two 80's and one 73 and he has a job so he pays for his. I just create a character on his account. Hope this straightens it out lol.

Tfwtolly

Health Health : -3
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sidoain July 9th 2010, 11:06 am

Darkfall is the best mmorpg ever if you can handle death consequences and if you like open world pvp and full loot. Most players are 18+ because kids cant handle it. They all rage quit after their 1st death or so.

Control, FPS and third person view for melee. Politic, perfect. With your clan, you can build huge base for territory control warfare. You can even build boats and do war with them with your large group. 100 vs 100 is possible without any lag.

Check this video to get the idea. Instead of showing you a gameplay video, a trialer might be enough. 17 minutes.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gameplay-trailer-darkfall/39524

Check the whole video and you will see why it is the best mmorpg.
Sidoain
Sidoain

Health Health : -1
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by VASH_k July 9th 2010, 2:04 pm

Did u play TLBB ?
Is my fave mmorpg
http://tlbb.eu.changyou.com/
VASH_k
VASH_k
Fire Elite
Fire Elite

Health Health : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Triv July 9th 2010, 4:24 pm

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LkCNJRfSZBU&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LkCNJRfSZBU&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And thanks Vash, gunna try out that tlbb
Triv
Triv

Health Health : 56
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley July 9th 2010, 5:12 pm

I played tlbb, wow, metin2, gw, lineage and can tell one thing mmorpg is so boring and stealing your life Wink
Hayley
Hayley

Health Health : 143
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson July 9th 2010, 6:27 pm

Bizzy Bone wrote:MMORPGs were good 5 years ago, now they're full of 8 year old fat American fag no-life kids, or 40 year old virgins.

You may have written that with the intention of trollin, but its sooo true. Its sad to see good old MMORPGs dominated by a mass of retards, with whom you cant have fun, cant talk... I know this is a game, but come one, its got real live players and most of them behave like bots -.-

A fine example is runescape - when it was runescape 1, there werent that many ppl playin it, most of them werent newbs/retards/fags/kiddies and you could even talk somehow constructively... after they made rs2 with better graphics a whole bunch of kids got onto it and spammed the whole world...
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nave I July 9th 2010, 6:38 pm

I know that one cool mmorpg, it's called "Real Life" and you can do amazing stuff there, walk around, eat, drink, play videogames, do exercises, do sport, go to the gym
the muscle level up training takes alot time unlike in other mmorpgs, you have to spend months doing something to finally get stronger, but this all just makes the game even more realistic
heck, it's so realistic that you even die after 4 days if you don't eat have sex, just like it is in reality

Nave I

Health Health : 926
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII July 9th 2010, 6:52 pm

Kewl...which server are you on? Your Favorite MMORPG 550349
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Health Health : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nave I July 9th 2010, 7:20 pm

server: Earth, and I've choosen the Human class, not as strong as elephants or gorillas, but advance alot faster in technologie and intelligence... so yeah, best class imo
and as starting location you should choose Germany so we can meet up somewhen and do some stuff together

Nave I

Health Health : 926
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson July 9th 2010, 7:30 pm

Meeting up is a drag, coz earning decent money takes a lot of time (not 2hs but like 2 years)...

How did you distribute your skill points? I put a lot into knowledge - science - math, IT, physics. Also been working on leveling up my Language skill. It is useful since there are so many different locations. Ive recently leveled up in drawing but it still isnt high enough to be accepted into the Artchitevture guild Razz
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII July 9th 2010, 7:49 pm

I signed up for Law Guild...I'll be notified by the leader in 5 days about my application. But I'm pretty optimistic, since my skills are quite high Very Happy

Damn, Nave...I chose Slovenia as my starting location...but don't worry, as soon as I raise enough money to buy a car, I'll come there, so we can do some raids and stuff.

Oh, and Crimson...what's your starting location?
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Health Health : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley July 9th 2010, 8:02 pm

I think same as my - poland Wink
Hayley
Hayley

Health Health : 143
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson July 9th 2010, 8:08 pm

Yeah, my starting locations Poland. Next to Germany, but still far away :/

Anyways, Ill be notified in 3 days about my application to the Maths Guild Razz And I have this Uber skill that makes me be accepted automatically Very Happy
Crimson
Crimson
Mammon (Avaritia)
Mammon (Avaritia)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next