The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A simple question.

+8
Eredale
kira44
.::Nakato::.
Shiv
Stunkata8
Magnamancy
Zeiin
Storm
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A simple question. Empty A simple question.

Post by Storm March 26th 2011, 9:37 am

Since I normally don't make topics, I'll see how far I get with this one.

Basically, the situation yesterday for me was like this:

1. Texted someone I used to talk to frequently, but not anymore.
2. We both said hi just to start it off a casual conversation.
3. Then she tells me that it is her birthday(hooray for her).
4. She asks and I quote "What you getting me for my birthday?"
5. Me thinking "I don't know you well enough to get you anything".

To put it simply, what would you do? Would you get a person a gift you hardly know or don't know at all or would you get them something despite them not saying anything other than a "thank you" and go about their merry way?
Storm
Storm
Admin

Health Health : 165
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

A simple question. Empty Re: A simple question.

Post by Zeiin March 26th 2011, 9:42 am

If she wants a present so bad then give her $100,

if she ask why did u give her $100 then say that you don't know her well enough so i decided that you should choose your own present.
Zeiin
Zeiin

Health Health : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm March 26th 2011, 9:48 am

Wiza wrote:If she wants a present so bad then give her $100,

if she ask why did u give her $100 then say that you don't know her well enough so i decided that you should choose your own present.
I follow a good rule when it comes to gifts:

"Don't waste your money on someone you don't know. They'll never be truly thankful for it." Being thankful for making it another year alive is what she SHOULD be celebrating.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiin March 26th 2011, 11:00 am

Storm wrote:

"Don't waste your money on someone you don't know. They'll never be truly thankful for it." Being thankful for making it another year alive is what she SHOULD be celebrating.

Well you do got a point but still she would be disappointed that you didn't give her a gift, although its not like you care. Still do you still see her quite frequently? or did she come to you just randomly?
Zeiin
Zeiin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnamancy March 26th 2011, 12:28 pm

I probably would've responded with something like;

"Why would I tell you now? It'd ruin the surprise of getting a bigass spider. A simple question. Ofc5ra1"

... Or something suitably sarcastic or evasive.

I'll typically actually just make a card with a tenner inside if I don't know
them that well, which is the sum of half an hour at work and half an hour
drawing for me, so it's pretty easy.

Mind, if I know someone well I pretty much just up the money and drawing
quality, so yeah. Razz
Magnamancy
Magnamancy
Minami
Minami

Health Health : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 March 26th 2011, 12:49 pm

Indeed magna's solution can do the job, in my case for a girll, but damn if its a person I hardly know he wont even care about me on his birthday!

But My answer is "yes" actually! I will buy a present, but thats just the kind of person I am. I mean the person is wishing to treat me on his birthday so the other way around i'll respect him and buy him something (last time I went with pocket knife, a lighter and a diploma "#1 party man" and it did the job well actually, he even uses the knife and lighter).
Stunkata8
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiv March 26th 2011, 1:55 pm

If you "don't know her" why do you think of her as a friend. I mean,you could say that if she asked you straight out of nowhere to come to her bday and give her a present. But it was you who cared to text her. You already should take responsiblity for what you did.

Birthday is a one of a kind day when a person's friends can express how they like him/her. It's not just some legal way to get gifts. It's a celebration in sake of the persons' happiness.

Last edited by Shiv on March 26th 2011, 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shiv
Shiv

Health Health : -999
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by .::Nakato::. March 26th 2011, 2:04 pm

It depends, are you the serial killer type? if so, get her a black rose. If you're not the serial killer type, I would recommend you to get her something small and not that expensive.
St. Gabriel
St. Gabriel

Health Health : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm March 27th 2011, 5:32 am

Wiza wrote:
Storm wrote:

Well you do got a point but still she would be disappointed that you didn't give her a gift, although its not like you care. Still do you still see her quite frequently? or did she come to you just randomly?
I could care less if she were disappointed in me or not. I don't give gifts to people I hardly know nor talk to. It's not because I'm rude, but because it's wasted money on my part. And nope, never met her except for one time and she came to me randomly right out of the blue.

@Shiv
Take responsibility? That's funny. For the record, I texted her to see how she was doing, not because I cared about it being her birthday. And I already know what the meaning of a birthday is. I'm 22 years old by the way, not some kid. Celebrating a birthday isn't about the physical aspect nor is it about what you're expecting to get from people.

@Raka
I seriously hope you're joking in your post. And I won't get her anything. She's the one working and all. She can go take herself to the mall or store or go get herself a gift.

@Magna
If anything, I'd get her an envelope with anthrax in it and make her open it.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kira44 March 27th 2011, 6:26 am

Hey storm what is the specialty of Myobokuzan, cause i can't decide
kira44
kira44

Health Health : 0
Registration date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm March 27th 2011, 8:14 am

I haven't decided on one yet, but the one I have in mind is basically us as a chill country like a social group if you will since I already dissolved the former specialty which was the "helper" country.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kira44 March 27th 2011, 8:20 am

What are the max post requirements??
kira44
kira44

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiin March 27th 2011, 8:36 am

Storm,

Just give her a card, if you don't want to then just tell her that you dont know her well enough to get you a present. Just see how it turns out.
Zeiin
Zeiin

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm March 27th 2011, 11:44 am

kira44 wrote:What are the max post requirements??
There are no post requirements. Just don't ask me to accept you into the country just like that. You'll have to prove it to me.

@Wiza
I did tell her "Happy Birthday" despite how she asked that question. I wouldn't say she was rude or anything. My thing is that she shouldn't expect everyone, much less her friends, to get her something every time her birthday rolls around. Besides, in times like these, not everyone has it like that anymore and the ones that do think about their own families first before their best friends. Gift giving comes from the heart after all, not because of "if you don't get me this, that, or the other, we're no longer friends". And yes, I've met people with that mindset before.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kira44 March 27th 2011, 11:50 am

how do i prove it to you that i am worthy of joining you country??
kira44
kira44

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiin March 27th 2011, 11:59 am

||Kira||

Thought you wanted to join Earth, make up your mind.

||Storm||

What you posted would of been a good thing to say to her. but it doesn't really matter since her birthday passed.
Zeiin
Zeiin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnamancy March 27th 2011, 1:40 pm

Don't be too hard on Kira, Wiza, which Country to join is a big-ish
decision, and he's just collecting information.

I wouldn't be friends with someone who was only after prezzies,
indeed I would get them a spider just for the reaction.

Razz
Magnamancy
Magnamancy
Minami
Minami

Health Health : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale March 27th 2011, 3:03 pm

Yeah, I'd jut give something simple, nothing too big, but still a sincere present

If someone has a birthday, I mean, why not?
Eredale
Eredale

Health Health : 156
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 27th 2011, 9:41 pm

Not to be mean or anything, I would give her a small gift, nonthing too expensive and not too cheap. When i go and meet her I would tell her I didn't get her anything just to see how would react.
If positive, tell her i was joking and gve her the present and ask to see if she wants to hang out to get to know more about each other.

If Negative, tell her to F#$@ off and show her the present before giving it to someone else.

but thats just me, since I don't really know her like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Riki X March 27th 2011, 9:51 pm

Birthday beats lol

I'd probably just get her a less expensive present, since it is her birthday and it's the nicer thing to do
Riki X
Riki X

Health Health : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm March 27th 2011, 10:01 pm

kira44 wrote:how do i prove it to you that i am worthy of joining you country??
For starters, please don't spam and don't ask obvious questions that have already been answered are two good suggestions for you. The rest will come to you as post and learn about the community more and more each time.

About the topic,

I'm not that big about birthdays to be honest as I literally don't throw birthday parties for myself anymore. I may do so as I get a bit older though, so it's something I can consider later on in life. A card would be a nice gesture for anyone even though for some they expect too much out of a single person like getting them a car or something else extravagant or over-the-top.

@Yami
Hanging out with her wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I'd pass on taking it to a serious level though. I don't date girls with kids. Too much baggage and some have drama that they can't even control in their own lives.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 27th 2011, 10:12 pm

Storm wrote:I'm not that big about birthdays to be honest as I literally don't throw birthday parties for myself anymore. I may do so as I get a bit older though, so it's something I can consider later on in life. A card would be a nice gesture for anyone even though for some they expect too much out of a single person like getting them a car or something else extravagant or over-the-top.

@Yami
Hanging out with her wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I'd pass on taking it to a serious level though. I don't date girls with kids. Too much baggage and some have drama that they can't even control in their own lives.

Oh, I should have wrote that better, I didn't mean like in a relationship but as in the line of my circle type of friend...

Single mom with kids...ugh, way too bothersome. That's just drama waiting to happend. I can't even be around my cousins without getting annoyed after the first three mins.

No Offense to any single moms with kids out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix March 27th 2011, 10:14 pm

Birthday gift rules for me: Number of years known (in yours case, the number of years you were actually talking) x $25.

So say you knew a friend for 3 years, buy them a gift worth or just give them 75$.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm March 27th 2011, 10:35 pm

Yami no Naruko wrote:
Storm wrote:I'm not that big about birthdays to be honest as I literally don't throw birthday parties for myself anymore. I may do so as I get a bit older though, so it's something I can consider later on in life. A card would be a nice gesture for anyone even though for some they expect too much out of a single person like getting them a car or something else extravagant or over-the-top.

@Yami

Oh, I should have wrote that better, I didn't mean like in a relationship but as in the line of my circle type of friend...

Single mom with kids...ugh, way too bothersome. That's just drama waiting to happend. I can't even be around my cousins without getting annoyed after the first three mins.

I don't mean to attack girls with kids Yami, but how I was brought up, I prefer someone with no kids and is considering having some after marriage. Where I live at, some people aren't even financially or mentally prepared for children and some are only with that person for sex and nothing else.

Having my own would be nice, but I can't see myself taking care of a girl's kids by an ex of theirs. They might still be clinging to them for any number of reasons such as money for example.
Storm
Storm
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 27th 2011, 10:49 pm

Storm wrote:
Yami no Naruko wrote:

@Yami

I don't mean to attack girls with kids Yami, but how I was brought up, I prefer someone with no kids and is considering having some after marriage. Where I live at, some people aren't even financially or mentally prepared for children and some are only with that person for sex and nothing else.

Having my own would be nice, but I can't see myself taking care of a girl's kids by an ex of theirs. They might still be clinging to them for any number of reasons such as money for example.

My fault if I came out wrong, didn't really mean to attack single moms with children..cause my own mom was single when she raised me and it was pretty hard for her.

I completly agree with you on that beause I was raised the same type of enviorment, though there morer violence than sex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next