The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Suggestion] Member of the Week

+17
Phoenix
LiGhtninGeR
.Omen
Triv
yaoi
Eredale
Hayley
Shiv
ACE KyoUno
Magnamancy
Ksarme
Korkor XI
Riki X
Satamino
Yush
.::Nakato::.
Divisor XII
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[Suggestion] Member of the Week - Page 4 Empty Re: [Suggestion] Member of the Week

Post by Phoenix January 7th 2011, 2:25 am

So... some one is nominated as member of the week/month... then what..?
At least with the 'ask a member" thread something fun came out of it.
This is really just a big prom vote for king/queen.

btw: I didn't vote. Now I will, no.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Health Health : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Member of the Week - Page 4 Empty Re: [Suggestion] Member of the Week

Post by Riki X January 7th 2011, 3:19 am

How do you know no fun will come out of it? Like I've said multiple times before, this hasn't happened before, you can't keep making assumptions like that
Riki X
Riki X

Health Health : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix January 7th 2011, 4:49 am

What possible outcome do you think will occur..? You think you're the first forum to try this..?

Think before you leap.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Riki X January 7th 2011, 4:50 am

This is the second forum of a total of 3 forums I've ever been on, I'm ignorant of what happens elsewhere.

And you've never tried this with every single community that's out there, who knows, you may be surprised with the results.
Riki X
Riki X

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale January 7th 2011, 9:52 am

It's funny how I can argue with Bgnin on one thread, and agree in the other

Learn from that man, he is wise, much better than most of you

And in this thread I'd have to agree with him on the most part - this shit should not happen here, because it will lead only to pathetic attention-whoring and people trying to do something significant only to get the attention they lack irl
Eredale
Eredale

Health Health : 156
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII January 7th 2011, 9:57 am

Eredale wrote: this shit should not happen here, because it will lead only to pathetic attention-whoril
Because this totally doesn't happen in every fucking thread.
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Health Health : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale January 7th 2011, 10:02 am

Divisor wrote:
Eredale wrote: this shit should not happen here, because it will lead only to pathetic attention-whoril
Because this totally doesn't happen in every fucking thread.

Because then it would increase, because the masses would have the opportunity (a reason, zomfg) to become officially "cool" on some kind of a forum, thinking of it as an accomplishment in their normal life

Tell me, would you want to win this contest for reasons other than showing all those people that they aren't as awesome as they want to think? Would that do something for you? Make you feel like you're hugged by a kitten atleast? No?
Eredale
Eredale

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII January 7th 2011, 10:08 am

If we can have contests regarding every other fucking thing, then why don't we have a contest about one's "people skills" or whatever this shit can be called.
Remeber NTSD bounties or whatever they were called and how much attention whoring was produced by that. This won't damage the forum more than it already is.
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale January 7th 2011, 10:21 am

So what's the criteria? Do you have a way to determine what should the winner have? Being a generic goodie-two-shoes?

We have contests for every other thing, because it's easier to have contests for separate stuff, rather than generic "who is better" contests

Because it's easy and rational to determine who is better at drawing with SKOTW

Who's good at GFX with SOTW

Who is best at NTSD with Hamachi

Who makes use of his brain with QOTW atleast, which somehow died... because someone didn't take care of it

That's why NTSD bounties had so little impact on the general community - they were precious only to people who wanted to play NTSD and show themselves off. I even did an experiment, how easy it is to get a kewl bounty - guess what? I beat ekko and got into highscore no problem, was in top 10. Then someone took my bounty, because I just left it to hang over there, without even bothering to defend it

And that's why it would lead to shitstorms and arguments, disorganization and bandwagon retard formations around idolized people

I can see the crowd shouting "NAVE NAVE NAVE OUR MEMBER OF THE WEEK OH BLESS US WITH YOUR AWESOME PLEEEASE" *repeat x9001* already

You think something like this is good? Okay

I'll prove to you that this is nothing but a joke if it starts

Not when, IF

Because I hope it wouldn't start at all
Eredale
Eredale

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateNinja January 7th 2011, 10:27 am

Actually, this is just one more idea... You can accept and vote for it and you don't have to accept (neither to vote)...

About destroying forum, no, this thread (not this exactly but "Member of Week/Month", if created) can't do it.
People on this forum are trying to get attention in every thread. Getting words of praise already makes them achieving something in real life... This thread won't change it.

After all, if it proves as bad idea it will be abandoned. Simple.

Btw. nobody is awesome. We're just humans. And imperfect. But, in imperfection beauty lies.
UltimateNinja
UltimateNinja

Health Health : 5
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII January 7th 2011, 10:34 am

@Eredale
Do you need to be such a pessimist? It didn't even start, and you're already bashing it. And what is your argument? That people, who are already popular will be idolized even more? Then why didn't everyone post a quote from Nave, Bgnin, Domin or whoever in QOTW (when it was ongoing)?
If you would bother to think outside the box, the you would see that this "popularity contest" is actually QOTW in its essence, it's just that instead of posting the member's quotes, you try to gather all of his posts in the respectable week/month together and make an evaluation.
If it will get abused, then you would have the reason to bitch and then it can always be canceled. I personally don't see any harm in at least trying.

@UltimateNinja
Truth.
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale January 7th 2011, 10:39 am

Yes

Yes, this is just an idea

I can accept and support it, and it will fledge and develop, giving birth to everything I have already describe

Or I can ignore it for a while, but eventually the flocks of sheep would raise it, like a flock makes grass grow year after year for their food... and it would fledge itself

A wonder, isn't it?

But choices - they aren't limited

I can also resist this idea - not stay out of this. I can ocunteract it, and disrupt, to prevent it from acheiving growth

I didn't resist the making of good things, like Mafia, or QOTW, you know... but this here little thing that is not yet decided... should be shut down right here where it stands

I don't bash it because I'm bored... I can see it being abused already
Do you know how it disgusts me everyt time I watch stage pop-star concerts? It makes me want to spit out my unfinished dinner in their faces, those ugly, ugly rotten faces, soaked with the odor of money and whoring

And now, same problms arise in here aswell...

It's like saying "Oh come on, this dynamite can't explode that hard, it won't ruin our house, so I don't see any harm in atleast trying..."

And if it's made... prepare
Eredale
Eredale

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateNinja January 7th 2011, 2:36 pm

You're exaggerating. It won't develop at such mass scale.
UltimateNinja
UltimateNinja

Health Health : 5
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale January 7th 2011, 2:48 pm

We don't need a mass scale... the active members number isn't so high, so just a little thing is already getting big.
Eredale
Eredale

Back to top Go down

Post by Stunkata8 January 7th 2011, 3:02 pm

Aham mister!Divi said that he should be PMed the members we are nominating with an of course reasons for the nomination!For instance lets say that you this week helped a lot on forum like did some awesome thread a contest or a game or something!Helped alot etc...Maaaybe bastards wont care, or just wouldnt want to have this,but if there are people interested in the idea it can get "LIVE"!
Stunkata8
Stunkata8
Asmodeus (Luxuria)
Asmodeus (Luxuria)

Health Health : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-10

http://stun-world.hit.bg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix January 7th 2011, 6:44 pm

I actually agree with Eredale on a lot of things he has said but I don't think a simple thread warrants the passion involved..

Divisor: The pole is is in your favor of creating the thread. It is my belief that most of those votes are just non-active forum surfers looking for NTSD news/soap opera drama while a huge chunk of the active members would prefer to stay out of this, I'll give my ideas on how to make it work.

Suggestions:
Member of the MONTH
Make it count for something...
The voting for the member will last for a week then the rest of that month they have the title.
That way it will be an actual reward and not a process. This gives time for good things to happen as well.
Criteria: NOT BASED ON POSTS
We already have a QOTW thread and know who generally posts the funniest stuff.
In order to receive this award, you must help the forum or a mass group of people in some substantial way.

Now... with all of this.. I still don't believe we have the forum populace/activity levels to actually pull this off fluently. However I do believe this would be the best way. Good luck.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Akatsuki Trainee
Akatsuki Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Riki X January 8th 2011, 2:31 am

@Eredale
Seriously?

Because every single member on this forum is such a fucking no-life that a petty little competition such as this will make them so determined to act smart. In fact, isn't this a good thing then, because it will make those retarded fags actually post something relatively smart?

If someone gets annoying, simple, Divisor can ban him, or add him to your ignore list thingy. It's that fucking simple. Don't ruin shit for others just because you want someone to whine at.
Riki X
Riki X

Back to top Go down

Post by .Omen January 8th 2011, 4:02 am

the damn issue here is not that you will increase attention whoring,but that you will fucking condone and approve of it with your action

and do you really want to go in quote of the week

it was a prime example of people attention whoring and showing how much they lack in judgment
cant you use the CD or does it have to be DVDs only? cause there really the same thing
haha,stupidity is so memorable
.Omen
.Omen

Health Health : -32
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Riki X January 8th 2011, 4:07 am

Who posted that?
Riki X
Riki X

Back to top Go down

Post by .Omen January 8th 2011, 5:23 am

https://ntsd.forumotion.com/t21081-qotw-6-entries?highlight=qotw

yes these quotes are sure memorable

every single pick and nomination are either comedy gold or something you will remember for a life time and beyond,something that you will pass trough the generations,make stories,books and sonnets

something that will inspire great men to do even greater things,from leaders,visionaries to artists and alike
Sentences that you will hear when world peace is formed,or when its time for war and the men needed a hearty encouragement

indeed these picks and nominations are not just time consuming bullshit ,they are the choice that will form our future for the better Billy,for the god damn Future
And you know why?

Because of this very quote a man shall make an object that is a CD and a DVD AT THE SAME FREAKING TIME,at the same freaking time Billy
And not because he is some retarded idiot,and not because he is high on Meth and god knows what,but because of that one quote that made the day of generations before him and after him
.Omen
.Omen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiin January 8th 2011, 5:29 am

.Omen [PENIS] wrote:the damn issue here is not that you will increase attention whoring,but that you will fucking condone and approve of it with your action

and do you really want to go in quote of the week

it was a prime example of people attention whoring and showing how much they lack in judgment
cant you use the CD or does it have to be DVDs only? cause there really the same thing
haha,stupidity is so memorable

That was my post. uberserious
Zeiin
Zeiin

Health Health : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by .Omen January 8th 2011, 5:32 am

oh good,the moron identifies himself
.Omen
.Omen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiin January 8th 2011, 5:55 am

The moron identifies it but the asshole keeps taking.

Now stop going offtopic.
Zeiin
Zeiin

Health Health : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiv January 8th 2011, 11:46 am

Divisor wrote:Bgnin, he obviously wants you to respond so he can jerk off to your posts.

Yuup.

So what will be the way to commit our votes?
Shiv
Shiv

Health Health : -999
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Divisor XII January 8th 2011, 1:06 pm

Ok guise, thank you for your opinions, warnings and flames.

I'll do something like DtK said:
-It will be Member of the Month.
-You fill out this form and PM it to me:
Name of the member:
Contributions to the forum in the past month:

Your vote will not count if the "contribution" you noted is not substantial/notable.

Votings will take place the first week in the month.
Divisor XII
Divisor XII
Jounin of the Leaf
Jounin of the Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next