The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green lines, buggy sprites, moonlighting etc

3 posters

Go down

Green lines, buggy sprites, moonlighting etc Empty Green lines, buggy sprites, moonlighting etc

Post by Winged March 31st 2014, 1:24 am

Good day! So I have very bad bug. It's very bad, because there is no fix (until - I hope) I am talking about buggy sprites in ntsd 2.4 FULL on lf2. (it's normal, if you go to right, but it's strange animation, if you go left). I know ntsd 2.4 is upgrade on new LF but I think it's not solution. Problem is not solved.
I want to fix it. But I haven't enough analytics for ideas. This bug is only on my computer (W7 Prof x64), other computers of my friends haven't got this bug.
If you have this problem please write here your OS (with x86 or x64 architecture) and (chief!) your video card! Also please write your installed framework's version (if it's installed) and visual c++ redist etc.
Don't ignore this topic! You're choosing will be this problem solved or not!
P.S. Please don't offer ntsd 2.4a.
I'm waiting!

Winged

Health Health : 1
Registration date : 2014-03-29

Back to top Go down

Green lines, buggy sprites, moonlighting etc Empty Re: Green lines, buggy sprites, moonlighting etc

Post by Rhino.Freak March 31st 2014, 4:45 am

Green lines bug is and was always there.
This bug is in Lf2-v1.9c and earlier majorly, and it was because of the fact that the SpriteSheets that game loaded, were only facing right, and the computer (video card probably) makes a mirror image of the Sheets so Left side view is done as well.
But some video cards couldn't.
and hence lf2-v2.0a was released, since it allows the mod developer to create mirrored images DIRECTLY, implies that there won't be any process to mirror images by the Pc or video card anymore.

So yes, the ntsd 2.4_2.0a IS the solution, it was made to overcome the bugsand limitations of OLD lf2, you can't help it. Some PC's have problem creating the mirrors..
Hope I helped.
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 80
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Green lines, buggy sprites, moonlighting etc Empty Re: Green lines, buggy sprites, moonlighting etc

Post by Winged March 31st 2014, 1:50 pm

Thank you. Ok I guessed it. But I want to understand WHY some video cards can't make mirror sprites? At first what video cards can't it? And is this problem in video cards?...I think OS is important here because on XP there is no this bug!
My video card Nvidia GTX650.

Winged

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak March 31st 2014, 3:21 pm

http://ztage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7723
A tiny bit of info is given in this topic of official Lf2 forums, I believe no one knows what exactly the problem is and why is it caused, since its technical stuff and the makers of LF2 wont be concerned to state it as well.
If you would like to know in detail, its best to create a topic there and expect a reply.
For now, 2.0a version is the solution, why are you not playing in the latest version, out of curiosity?
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Konoha Council Member
Konoha Council Member

Health Health : 80
Registration date : 2010-08-27

http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by w00t March 31st 2014, 3:49 pm

I heard the 2.0a version had a bugged story mode, though.
Edit: Just tried it, the game keeps crashing when talking to Kakashi.

w00t

Health Health : 0
Registration date : 2014-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Winged April 2nd 2014, 10:06 pm

Well, I've accepted - it's impossible for fixing. Thank you Rhino.Freak for good
explanation. I advice his link if you want to know more about this bug. There is one problem - old
mechanism for sprites' moves. Video cards of Nvidia (since geforce series) don't make mirror sprites. I think it explains technology directdraw which doesn't support now (it's very old).
But NTSD 2.4 2.0a is buggly too (with stage mode and war mode). I advice NTSD RP-edition (with Win 98 compatibility).
I hope I helped.
Bye!

Winged

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down