The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which are the best 3 Wii games ever and why?

+6
Zazz
Kilik 64
Blkdrgn V
NoneX
Riki X
hi15884
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Which are the best 3 Wii games ever and why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which are the best 3 Wii games ever and why?

Post by NoneX February 9th 2009, 5:03 pm

Yes Guitar Hero is also very cool on wii, but it make only fun if you play with 2-4 players
NoneX
NoneX

Health Health : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Which are the best 3 Wii games ever and why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which are the best 3 Wii games ever and why?

Post by Kilik 64 February 10th 2009, 4:06 am

Zazz wrote:
No. NO. NEVER. NO ANIME CHARACTERS. Super Smash Bros is supposed to be a clash between VIDEO game characters.

@Kilik
The thing is, Smash was built as a party game in the first place, where luck counted for a lot. The randomness of the variations of strength in the items is supposed to make the "4" people playing feel like, "Damn, he got the item, better run away," or "YES! I got the Smash Ball! Feast on my AWESOMENESS!!"

Traditional competitive fighting games have 4 buttons for punches and kickes, and they are used for combos and such. Smash was supposed to be a different kind of fighting game, not a fighting game where once you were locked in someone's combo, you knew that you would die. No, Smash is different, hence the reason items, air dodging, rolling, etc exist.

The actual gameplay was never designed for combos. Think about it. Almost every aerial hits the opponent a certain distance, with the exception of those rapid spinning attacks. All tilts and smash attacks hit the opponent away, there might be a few tilts that don't, but the majority does. And because of the Smash Formula, the more damaged you are, the further away you go, that means combos can't really exist because everytime you hit the opponent, he'll go flying at a different distance, and timing + accuracy is what is needed for fighting game combos.

Plus, rapid spammy A attacks can be shielded + rolled out of, and they were in since the beginning of Smash. Laser gun locks and chain grabs were just things they never really tested because they didn't think people would ACTUALLY spam them that much.

I understand that Smash was simplistic and not meant to be a hardcore fighter, but that does not justify the changes made from Melee. Melee had everything that you just said and turned out great. The game was PURPOSELY changed to be targetted for casual players. That's what I hate about it. 64 was for everyone. Melee was for everyone. Why is Brawl just for the average player that only picks up the game once in a while?
Kilik 64
Kilik 64

Health Health : 72
Registration date : 2008-07-23

http://www.exe-fusion.netfast.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blkdrgn V February 10th 2009, 4:17 am

... You guys are getting wayyy to deep into the complexity of the Super Smash Bros. Series.
Blkdrgn V
Blkdrgn V

Health Health : 153
Registration date : 2008-12-20

https://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss4/Blkdrgn415/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilik 64 February 10th 2009, 4:18 am

No I'm not. It's a perfectly legitimate question. Why would you take a game fun for all groups of people and change it so that only one group enjoys it?
Kilik 64
Kilik 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Blkdrgn V February 10th 2009, 4:21 am

And that one type of group would be people who play is sparingly?
Blkdrgn V
Blkdrgn V

Health Health : 153
Registration date : 2008-12-20

https://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss4/Blkdrgn415/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilik 64 February 10th 2009, 4:52 am

Yes, exactly.
Kilik 64
Kilik 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazz February 10th 2009, 7:43 am

Kilik 64 wrote:
Zazz wrote:
No. NO. NEVER. NO ANIME CHARACTERS. Super Smash Bros is supposed to be a clash between VIDEO game characters.

@Kilik
The thing is, Smash was built as a party game in the first place, where luck counted for a lot. The randomness of the variations of strength in the items is supposed to make the "4" people playing feel like, "Damn, he got the item, better run away," or "YES! I got the Smash Ball! Feast on my AWESOMENESS!!"

Traditional competitive fighting games have 4 buttons for punches and kickes, and they are used for combos and such. Smash was supposed to be a different kind of fighting game, not a fighting game where once you were locked in someone's combo, you knew that you would die. No, Smash is different, hence the reason items, air dodging, rolling, etc exist.

The actual gameplay was never designed for combos. Think about it. Almost every aerial hits the opponent a certain distance, with the exception of those rapid spinning attacks. All tilts and smash attacks hit the opponent away, there might be a few tilts that don't, but the majority does. And because of the Smash Formula, the more damaged you are, the further away you go, that means combos can't really exist because everytime you hit the opponent, he'll go flying at a different distance, and timing + accuracy is what is needed for fighting game combos.

Plus, rapid spammy A attacks can be shielded + rolled out of, and they were in since the beginning of Smash. Laser gun locks and chain grabs were just things they never really tested because they didn't think people would ACTUALLY spam them that much.

I understand that Smash was simplistic and not meant to be a hardcore fighter, but that does not justify the changes made from Melee. Melee had everything that you just said and turned out great. The game was PURPOSELY changed to be targetted for casual players. That's what I hate about it. 64 was for everyone. Melee was for everyone. Why is Brawl just for the average player that only picks up the game once in a while?
Well, maybe, but the Smash series still has not ended in a weird twisted crap way like you said. People have already made a Brawl+ using hacks for your Wii. Although I am completely against it, Brawl+ is basically using a Wii hack to edit stuff to be more like Melee.

I'm sure you'll easily find it on the Smash World Forums.

Zazz

Health Health : 141
Country : Which are the best 3 Wii games ever and why? - Page 3 Empty
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by hi15884 February 10th 2009, 3:48 pm

Are you people sure that the Samsh series has ended?
That 'd be very sad. Sad
hi15884
hi15884

Health Health : 7
Country : Which are the best 3 Wii games ever and why? - Page 3 Empty
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3