The Official NTSD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Points system and other forum renovations.

+44
GraveDig
SEDUN
John4589
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Norc
Akshit
juliano14
Mihdi Uchiha
Phoenix
Snow
Kezeal [NTSD]
Storm
G man
joshuahtoo
narutouchiha
VASH_k
Maple
Triv
Vaan
ACE KyoUno
Miatsu
emiya2424
LiGhtninGeR
Volmort
Tre Pac
Z
Bizzy Bone
DoM!n
Eredale
Gio Lean II
Thel_JF
Nave I
Little Jiraiya
TaKeShi
its confirmed again
Ksarme
.::Nakato::.
Lillzeirell
Sasuke Uchiha4576
Satamino
Smouk
Rhino.Freak
Hiei
Cross
48 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Points system and other forum renovations.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Points system and other forum renovations.

Post by Hiei January 17th 2012, 6:28 pm

As the max points shall be 999 the prices of different things in the points shop should be reasonable. For example a warn removal should be around 300 points and not more.
However stuffs like changing username should be considerably high or can be around 999/999 points.
Now since the news team is re open you might as well remake its sub forums so that the team can plan out future artcles and divide their jobs and all.
Besides that now after Z has left the team might need a new move list maker so you can also start working on finding someone who may be fit to take his place as the new movelist maker.
Tbh most of the current beta testers are also inactive/gone you might search for new beta testers as well.
Hiei
Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Health Health : 445
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Points system and other forum renovations.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Points system and other forum renovations.

Post by Guest January 17th 2012, 7:05 pm

999/999 Points to change username?
Damn! I wanted to change it one day before the points arrived.

Back to top Go down

Post by .::Nakato::. January 17th 2012, 7:07 pm

Ankit Reborn wrote:As the max points shall be 999 the prices of different things in the points shop should be reasonable. For example a warn removal should be around 300 points and not more.
However stuffs like changing username should be considerably high or can be around 999/999 points.
Now since the news team is re open you might as well remake its sub forums so that the team can plan out future artcles and divide their jobs and all.
Besides that now after Z has left the team might need a new move list maker so you can also start working on finding someone who may be fit to take his place as the new movelist maker.
Tbh most of the current beta testers are also inactive/gone you might search for new beta testers as well.

Yeah, just make sure to keep the active beta testers.
St. Gabriel
St. Gabriel

Health Health : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross January 17th 2012, 8:10 pm

For example a warn removal should be around 300 points and not more.

Hrm..?

No, warn removal will cost the most. Most likely it's going to be 700-999 points. I don't want to encourage people to break the rule's knowing that if they have a full point bar they can get away with it three times.

Thing's like username change's and rank's will be between 300-600 point's.

Also, only admin's will be allowed to give points. Moderators will no longer have that ability.
Cross
Cross
Tama
Tama

Health Health : 33
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Jiraiya January 17th 2012, 11:25 pm

sounds good, except the part where only admins can give points... you alone will control the point transactions? or will you make another admin... chair smash
Little Jiraiya
Little Jiraiya

Health Health : 463
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiei January 18th 2012, 4:48 am

@Cross then how about giving Kages the power to change ranks ? I mean it will reduce your workloads and the rank assigning process shall become faster.
Hiei
Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Back to top Go down

Post by Smouk January 18th 2012, 5:46 am

Ankit Reborn wrote:@Cross then how about giving Kages the power to change ranks?
It's impossible. Only admins can change ranks.
Smouk
Smouk

Health Health : 179
Registration date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiei January 18th 2012, 7:00 am

I am sure its not impossible. Well the access of rank change can be changed probably from admins to both admins and mod in a similar way how new points system access is changed from mods and admins to only admins.Correct me if I am wrong.
Hiei
Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Back to top Go down

Post by Smouk January 18th 2012, 12:15 pm

Ankit Reborn wrote:I am sure its not impossible. Well the access of rank change can be changed probably from admins to both admins and mod in a similar way how new points system access is changed from mods and admins to only admins.Correct me if I am wrong.
Eh... If you didn't know, ranks can be changed only by admin from admin-panel. Admin panel is available only for admin.
Smouk
Smouk

Health Health : 179
Registration date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiei January 18th 2012, 12:40 pm

Ok thanks but what about the present warns ?
Since the points system shall start from scratch , shouldn't old warns be reseted also ?
Even though I have no warn but there are thousands of members in the forum who have a warn or two. What do you think Cross ?
Hiei
Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross January 18th 2012, 5:26 pm

Ankit Reborn wrote:Ok thanks but what about the present warns ?
Since the points system shall start from scratch , shouldn't old warns be reseted also ?
Even though I have no warn but there are thousands of members in the forum who have a warn or two. What do you think Cross ?

No. The point's were originally deleted, not to mention that many users in the past had 1000+ points. Thus the system was entirely reworked, so starting fresh makes the most sense. Warn's on the other hand are a completely different story all together. Regardless of how old a warn is, it was still given to the user for breaking the rules. It doesn't make sense to reset it back to zero just because the point's are.
Cross
Cross
Tama
Tama

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiei January 18th 2012, 6:05 pm

Ok this also is fair enough but I wonder why you made points exclusive for admins. This shall be adding more pressure on the admins.
Even though it reduces the corruption still there are other ways to combat the point abuse.
Say for example every country shall have a transaction thread where its clearly mentioned which member has how much credits and how he earned that much and for country less ppl there can be a general point count thread where the country less ppl can post I earned this much credits by this event.

I have no problem with that but imo it shall be a bit too much work for admins then.
Currently you are the only admin of this forum and even if you add one more to the admin group still there shall be 2 only and this forum has around 18,000 members.
I hope you have considered all these points carefully.
Ofc once points are back every country shall be hosting events and also the contest section shall be re blooming thus it will be a lot of work for you.
If you can manage then its all fine.
But still the mods you are gonna select are probably trust worthy and hence you should let the points be given by both mods and admins and not admins alone. Its just my humble opinion.

One more thing that you may consider , If we all remember correctly it sometimes took admins really long to change ranks no offense . So , if you add one more work for admins , the point transactions might also be delayed.
In long run , if the admins have to be away for a few days the entire point system shall become stagnant.
What about the reports ?
Mods can also check the reports but not reward the reporter credits for reporting rule breakers... instead pming admins that this guy reported a valid rule break.
There shall be lots of reports once the point system are back so , A LOT OF WORK.
You shall be needing a lot of assistance imo.
Hiei
Hiei
Hokage
Hokage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross January 18th 2012, 7:09 pm

You should keep in mind that the current administration is the best in term's of response time. The admins of the past were each busy, it isn't really surprising when you consider the fact that they were working on the game.

Even if there are 18,000 members, not even a fraction of that is actually active at the moment. That being said, I have come up with measure's to ensure the user's will get their point's within a day of achieving a valid point's-earning action.

With that aside, moderators are largely to blame for the heavily abused points. They held their own little contests, gave away points for no reason at all, and countless other actions that only served to help the demise of the system. Regardless of how much trust I have in someone, I have no intention of repeating past mistakes nor allowing them to be repeated.
Cross
Cross
Tama
Tama

Back to top Go down

Post by Nave I January 18th 2012, 11:15 pm

you guys better not touch my group or I'll delete the whole forum! >: [

Nave I

Health Health : 926
Country : Points system and other forum renovations.  - Page 2 Empty
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thel_JF January 18th 2012, 11:18 pm

Nave I wrote:you guys better not touch my group or I'll delete the whole forum! >: [
k?

WTF.
Thel_JF
Thel_JF
Special Jounin of Leaf

Health Health : 115
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 18th 2012, 11:24 pm

Nave I wrote:you guys better not touch my group or I'll delete the whole forum! >: [

I believe he's serious, he actually can delete the forum. Points system and other forum renovations.  - Page 2 737241
Nice to see you come visit us from time to time Nave. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Satamino January 18th 2012, 11:27 pm

He wouldn't delete the forum.
Satamino
Satamino
Belphegor (Acedia)
Belphegor (Acedia)

Health Health : 354
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 18th 2012, 11:28 pm

And the forum won't delete his group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nave I January 18th 2012, 11:41 pm

oh I would, just try

Nave I

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Lean II January 18th 2012, 11:55 pm

hahahah
just delete his group
he is too scared
he didnt do anything the whole last year either
just big mouth

Gio Lean II

Health Health : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Eredale January 18th 2012, 11:57 pm

Welcome back Nave... you never left though after promising, huh

Also, how long till the other related threads?
Eredale
Eredale

Health Health : 156
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nave I January 18th 2012, 11:58 pm

Gio Lean II wrote:hahahah
just delete his group
he is too scared
just big mouth
Gio?? you fucking cunt aren't worthy using that name, damn asshole

Nave I

Back to top Go down

Post by Satamino January 19th 2012, 12:01 am

Nave I wrote:
just delete his group
he is too scared
just big mouth

Some lighting member >.>

DELETE EVERYTHING!!!!!1!11!!!!
Satamino
Satamino
Belphegor (Acedia)
Belphegor (Acedia)

Health Health : 354
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gio Lean II January 19th 2012, 12:05 am

Nave I wrote:
just delete his group
he is too scared
just big mouth

ahahahah

you trying to flame me?
you who gave up this forum

i should have called myself Nave the Pussy
a guy that is too afraid to do anything cant be a man

Gio Lean II

Health Health : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nave I January 19th 2012, 12:12 am

you fucking asshole overdid it by taking the name of the first member of naves group -.-

Nave I

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next